Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this year as a fan base we've turned down Emery, Mourinho and Ancelotti.

Mourinho because he's toxic with his winning ways.

Ancelotti because he wins but doesn't turn up to training.

Emery because, despite doing well enough at Sevilla to dominate Europa and get the PSG job (top 5 job in Europe), he did a poor job replacing Wenger.
In my case i actually think he's a decent manager, i just think his style is a horrible fit for the players we have

He plays ponce football doesn’t he? When are people gona realise that ponce football never works at Everton. We are the Dogs of War!
In a 2019 context, I am not sure that this still holds up as a consistent tactical approach. Saturday was a very strong performance of aggression and commitment but over a period of games will is sustain? I'm also unsure what 'p' football is.

Currently trending on twitter.

0B63AC22-9D1F-4971-AB93-A311690CA870.jpeg

So you think David Luiz, who signed a day before the window closed, was their primary target? CLEARLY last resort and if you going for last resort then you go for somebody you know.

Then who's fault is leaving yourself in a position like that.
The point remains. Anyone but david luiz. I remember chuckling to myself when i saw that go through thinking he is the LAST type of player they need.
Going round the houses now. Im getting david luiz phobia.

Absolutely , I was saying that in jest.

I'd love us to go back to that battling style of play every week, just with added attack quality down the other end. That's an identity that would make us very difficult to play against and threatening when we won possession back.

Fair enough. Yeah I think a left footed right winger with pace and a combative centre mid that can play a bit would transform us. Oh and a athletic centre back.

I just feel we could be drawn into a big name that won't fit us.

In a 2019 context, I am not sure that this still holds up as a consistent tactical approach. Saturday was a very strong performance of aggression and commitment but over a period of games will is sustain? I'm also unsure what 'p' football is.

You should do. It’s the style of football that is advocated by the likes of Silva and Martinez. Over elaborate boring football that results in you losing all the time.

Then who's fault is leaving yourself in a position like that.

Exactly my point. If he has said I want Player X, then Y Then Z, the board come back with player Z, what else can he do? We don't know what the set up is 100% at Arsenal but they've had problems with awful recruitment for years. Only thing they have got right is the strikers and even then they aren't the partnership you would expect them to be.

I am not saying Emery will come in and will turn Michael Keane into a world beater, but its worth noting that it's not as simple as a manager saying he wants player X and actually getting them. There was no way Luiz was their first choice, no way whatsoever but clearly a last resort after his primary targets were unattainable or outpriced / rejected.

Emery is one of the proven models of the benefits of having a DOF as well. More focus on coaching and tactics, DoF works together to bring in quality. Which in theory should be a good fit for us. His success stories have come with clubs similar to us rather than clubs like Arsenal, PSG (even though he still won trophies).

You should do. It’s the style of football that is advocated by the likes of Silva and Martinez. Over elaborate boring football that results in you losing all the time.
There are lots of approaches that lead to regular defeats. A huge amount of modern coaches advocate the possession game - obviously with mixed results.

His English is poor and hence players always cannot understand his tactics and his needs. I don't think he is suitable unless he improve his language.

Status
Not open for further replies.