2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I note Son scored a cracker today, couldn't bring myself to watch it. Still can't believe he didn't get any punishment for his part in the injury. He is scoring goals and celebrating while our man can't play. It is a funny old game.
Just seen it...Mourinho compared it to Ronaldo (the real one) whom he worked with at Barca.

He didn’t get any punishment as there wasn’t any intention to hurt Andre. Hopefully he will be back sometime towards the end of the season.

PTSD is quick to recover from for some people..
it seems. Hope Son gets snapped in our next game with him.
Son didn’t want Gomes to suffer that injury and was clearly very upset on the day but obviously it is not the same as PTSD, comparing the two is bizarre.

Wishing Son to get snapped himself is gross and wouldn’t make things a whit better for Gomes either.

Son didn’t want Gomes to suffer that injury and was clearly very upset on the day but obviously it is not the same as PTSD, comparing the two is bizarre.

Wishing Son to get snapped himself is gross and wouldn’t make things a whit better for Gomes either.
I'm disappointed you didn't see the sarcasm in the PTSD comment. :oops: And I don't want him to die, just a little kick on his heels to remind him not to be petulant and potentially ruin other players' careers.

I'm disappointed you didn't see the sarcasm in the PTSD comment. :oops: And I don't want him to die, just a little kick on his heels to remind him not to be petulant and potentially ruin other players' careers.

Wishing injury on anyone is a bit distasteful, they're human beings at the end of the day.

Just seen it...Mourinho compared it to Ronaldo (the real one) whom he worked with at Barca.

He didn’t get any punishment as there wasn’t any intention to hurt Andre. Hopefully he will be back sometime towards the end of the season.

He may have not meant to injure him, but he fully intended to foul him. Gomes was past him and he dived in from behind with zero possibility of winning the ball.

He didn’t get any punishment as there wasn’t any intention to hurt him Hopefully he will be back sometime towards the end of the season.
That's OK then, every red card for a tackle ever should be called into question, there is rarely intention to hurt someone.. in its simplest form it's a tackle from behind that made contact with a player and not the ball, illegal it's a red card, more complex Son was pi$$ed about Gomes making contact with his face, and charged 30 yard, having a go at iwobe before carrying on intending probably not to injure to the extent he did, but certainly to let Gomes know he wasn't happy, tackle from behind got the man not the ball.. illegal it's a red card. The reason he got away with it was social media, Everton being idiots, Son crying and Spurs taking advantage of all the above.

There was intention to put him on the floor as he lashed out. If you make that decision you’re responsible for what comes after. The second red he had in 9 games for the same thing too, he isn’t as innocent as was made out.

I don't hope Son gets injured at all. I'm not like that.

I just want someone to cynically to take him down to stop a counterattack in every game he plays.

If there is a nonzero probability that he might subsequently break both his legs, both his arms, his neck and lose one eye when he falls, that would be completely unrelated to the cynical foul that I want to see and actively promote. A mere accident that couldn't be avoided.

At that point, I would be happy to donate money (up to £5) to a GoFundMe in an expression of my support for the mental health of whoever committed the cynical foul.

He definitely intended to hurt Gomes. Maybe not snap his leg, but he went in deliberately to hurt Gomes as revenge for a minute earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.