2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just shows how little some of you understand his game and what he is asked to do
See, you say that after one match but what about the previous 20 home games where he only produced 2 goals.

He was very good today. Ran his socks off, got his reward with a couple scrappy goals. He’s not a classy striker, but he can add value and definitely looks better with some support with him. Long may it continue. I still have doubts that he’ll ever be consistent though. Track record is what it is.

To be honest he seems to really get himself "up" for the top teams. I said in the summer he dominated the top teams last season, and he did the same today.

Where has to get better is producing that more often. That level of aggression needs to be shown week in week out. If you can perform as he did today, we need that more often against poorer defences.

I wonder if psychologically he feels the pressure against poorer teams? Whatever it is, we could do with resolving it.

Made up for him! Hopefully people will give it a rest with the "Championship striker" stuff from now on. We've been crying out to play with 2 up front for a long time.

To be honest he seems to really get himself "up" for the top teams. I said in the summer he dominated the top teams last season, and he did the same today.

Where has to get better is producing that more often. That level of aggression needs to be shown week in week out. If you can perform as he did today, we need that more often against poorer defences.

I wonder if psychologically he feels the pressure against poorer teams? Whatever it is, we could do with resolving it.
Could be that the poorer teams sit back and don’t give him space - if we still had Lukaku who was great against lower teams we’d have a striker whoever we played!

Status
Not open for further replies.