Homepage Article POLL: Do you want Moyes back? Results: 80% No

Status
Not open for further replies.
ffs Neil you are really stretching it

he had 11yrs. He got one crazy season where we finished 4th ...15yrs ago.

he got to 1 cup final and did exactly what he did in every big game. Set out to not lose instead of trying to win and achieved nothing.

he arrogantly played up the small club no money crap on a regular basis because it suited his agenda to big up his role for so long

he made a pigs ear of his exit and the aftermath and that’s putting it politely. Quickly going from being clapped off the pitch to being despised by many.

he proceeded to do very little with the rest of his career.

his appointment currently will add to the utter disgust many fans have for the club

Apart from being a reactionary fan who can’t handle a bad run or bad season without solving themselves over relegation I don’t know why anybody would actively choose to hire the above coach or be happy with him even for a few months

bringing back Rooney. Sacking Koeman with no plan. Hiring allardyce. Big money on players like Keane and Bolasie. And now this....?!

we deserve much better. And much better doesn’t have to mean an A list coach and star players. Just give us a decent appointment and common sense recruitment and steady progress.

Preach!

Why are people dead set against Moyes, he was successful here over the course of his time given the context, we hit the glass ceiling due to money consistently, but pucnhed well above our weight in his time and broke through it once. Cup final etc.

We always said imagine what he could do with money, what are the draw backs people see that are so dead against it?

the money has already been spent.....

Because we're supposed to be building something here. What is the message to the world and our supporters if we hire a guy who did nowt last time he was here, rubbished on the way out after flirting with MU for months, talked us down then failed everywhere before sitting at home for nearly 2 years?

Why is he even looked on as an improvement to what we have now?

Then what? At the end of the season he's gone and all his backroom staff and the players are left adjusting to a 3rd, 4th or even 5th set of instructions?

The Rocky Horror Show?

Bitter blues never forget...

"I definitely do but I also know that if I´d been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I´d have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players,” he said. Everton described their former manager´s offer for the pair as “derisory and insulting” but Moyes said: “I signed every player at Everton, so I know a lot about them. They are a great club and they are both excellent players.”

“The transfer window is open and we can make bids and you can say ´Yes or no´, it´s as simple as that. You are allowed to bid. That´s not our choice [to make it public]. That´s up to them. You need to ask them that question.

ffs Neil you are really stretching it

he had 11yrs. He got one crazy season where we finished 4th ...15yrs ago.

he got to 1 cup final and did exactly what he did in every big game. Set out to not lose instead of trying to win and achieved nothing.

he arrogantly played up the small club no money crap on a regular basis because it suited his agenda to big up his role for so long

he made a pigs ear of his exit and the aftermath and that’s putting it politely. Quickly going from being clapped off the pitch to being despised by many.

he proceeded to do very little with the rest of his career.

his appointment currently will add to the utter disgust many fans have for the club

Apart from being a reactionary fan who can’t handle a bad run or bad season without solving themselves over relegation I don’t know why anybody would actively choose to hire the above coach or be happy with him even for a few months

bringing back Rooney. Sacking Koeman with no plan. Hiring allardyce. Big money on players like Keane and Bolasie. And now this....?!

we deserve much better. And much better doesn’t have to mean an A list coach and star players. Just give us a decent appointment and common sense recruitment and steady progress.

Nah not having any of that, we were bleak very bleak, relegation fodder every year, with the same budget he broke the glass window and didnt build a team he built a club, remarkably breaking through the glass window, qualifying for Europe and getting to the latter stages of cup competitions and a final on a shoe string. To be honest i think we would have tumbled down thel eague only for him, he did a terrific job here.

During his time Everton were a biug club on a small club budgt, consistently had to sell our best players and he always pulled a rabbit out of a hat. I dont blame him for joining Utd, with our budget then he could do no more and we threading water, if the league champions come in for you its a no brainier after the service he gave. He was head hunted by the biggest talent spotter in the game. I appreciate what he did.

For the life i dont understand the bad will to him, what ever your view on him coming in and his chances of success, id be quite optimistic with im if he was given a couple of seasons hes a real football manager. Maybe im getting old and people dont remember the [Poor language removed] show we were before he came, it was kind of like now all the time.

We deserve better, look around we are in the relegation zone, we need 40 points end of and three years of consistency and continuity.

Why are people dead set against Moyes, he was successful here over the course of his time given the context, we hit the glass ceiling due to money consistently, but pucnhed well above our weight in his time and broke through it once. Cup final etc.

We always said imagine what he could do with money, what are the draw backs people see that are so dead against it?

He left us for United without a compensation.

He tried to bully us into selling Fellaini and Baines at a ridiculously cheap price.

He believe we are a small club and hindering the career of Fellaini.

He thought he was too good for us.

He had plenty of money at United and finish below us?

Bitter blues never forget...

View attachment 73060

"I definitely do but I also know that if I´d been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I´d have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players,” he said. Everton described their former manager´s offer for the pair as “derisory and insulting” but Moyes said: “I signed every player at Everton, so I know a lot about them. They are a great club and they are both excellent players.”

“The transfer window is open and we can make bids and you can say ´Yes or no´, it´s as simple as that. You are allowed to bid. That´s not our choice [to make it public]. That´s up to them. You need to ask them that question.

the same arrogance he showed in many an after match interview was clear in his actions and words when he went to Man U

he thought he had finally arrived and was too stupid to realize he should’ve kept his mouth shut and got on with doing a good job before rolling out that arrogant smirk

He left us for United without a compensation.

He tried to bully us into selling Fellaini and Baines at a ridiculously cheap price.

He believe we are a small club and hindering the career of Fellaini.

He thought he was too good for us.

He had plenty of money at United and finish below us?

Id want him as Everton manager doing all of those things to other clubs to be honest.

I thought he wasnt given a fair crack at Utd to be honest, but i think differently about managers and short term reigns then most, i think every manager needs three years min.

Nah not having any of that, we were bleak very bleak, relegation fodder every year, with the same budget he broke the glass window and didnt build a team he built a club, remarkably breaking through the glass window, qualifying for Europe and getting to the latter stages of cup competitions and a final on a shoe string. To be honest i think we would have tumbled down thel eague only for him, he did a terrific job here.

During his time Everton were a biug club on a small club budgt, consistently had to sell our best players and he always pulled a rabbit out of a hat. I dont blame him for joining Utd, with our budget then he could do no more and we threading water, if the league champions come in for you its a no brainier after the service he gave. He was head hunted by the biggest talent spotter in the game. I appreciate what he did.

For the life i dont understand the bad will to him, what ever your view on him coming in and his chances of success, id be quite optimistic with im if he was given a couple of seasons hes a real football manager. Maybe im getting old and people dont remember the [Poor language removed] show we were before he came, it was kind of like now all the time.

We deserve better, look around we are in the relegation zone, we need 40 points end of and three years of consistency and continuity.

my post didn’t mention the original job he did. Of course it was good. Many many many years ago

neither did I say I blamed him for going to man u

% football manager allowed full reign at a reasonably big club to play mostly defensive football and keep expectations low for 11yrs in SHOCK achievement of his goal

Dont want Moyes but I dont think were actaully after him.
Hed be straight forward to get in as hes out of work now and clearly wants the job.
If the board had plans for him to be manager hed already be here.
That suggests were chasing someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.