2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think people care much about luxuries like performances anymore. We need point or else we’ll be in a real relegation dogfight come January. And this team does not have the stomach for a fight.

The answer is simple. Get Benitez in.

The Benitez shout does interest me. He has pretty much near-zero goodwill with the fans, which is never a good start. He'd have to be better than he ever has been before to make up for the starting point. Like it or not, that's how it is. So for me it's almost like the sophisticated Allardyce appointment; good short-term move, never going to last. That said, perhaps it's what we need.

Or perhaps the Chinese season only ended yesterday. The earliest he will be back in England will be tomorrow. So the likelihood is he won't be sat down talking to them until after the Derby game anyway.
I could see that being a valid reason, for me the whole Benitez and his comments are long in the past, if he did come to us I’d back him, we need to seriously start picking up points and fast.

That's not the way it looks to me.

He's a meddler. He cant help himself making executive decisions...even though he hired two people as DoF to do that for him.

He's a huge problem for Everton.

....we really don’t know that’s the case, Dave. I’m sure he has the final say but I imagine the recommendations come from those he relies upon. I do agree, though, that he is ultimately accountable for Manager and DoF appointments.

Folk as successful as him in business are often only as good as the people who work for them. He will be reliant on others. I‘d be amazed if he’s going solo on this recruitement.

If you listen to or read the text of Brands last Friday, whilst it fell short of the dreaded vote of confidence, it suggested that for the time being at least, they're willing to see if he can turn things around... the end result probably now lies with Silva... to do what he was allegedly brought in to do and make players better.

If you listen to or read the text of Brands last Friday, whilst it fell short of the dreaded vote of confidence, it suggested that for the time being at least, they're willing to see if he can turn things around... the end result probably now lies with Silva... to do what he was allegedly brought in to do and make players better.
I think they will try and stretch it out as much as possible till the Jan window tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.