It was all supposed to be so different....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they hired a former successful member of their club who has had a lucrative career as player and manager on a short term basis.

As opposed to us looking to appoint a former manager who’s highest achievement was taking us to an FA Cup final and has been sacked from every other job he’s been at since his departure.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that it was a complete, unmitigated disaster for them.

Good to know that his 'lucrative' playing days were an important factor though. We should start appointing our highest earners from the 90s as well!

You seem to be ignoring the fact that it was a complete, unmitigated disaster for them.

No it wasn’t. He got them to two cup finals and won them their 1st trophy in 6 years - which up until a few months ago was the last pot that they’d won.

I’m not pro-Moyes but there’s no reason Moyes couldn’t come back and have a similar effect. On an interim basis, I’d certainly be open to it.

(P.S if you’re not, it’s worth coming round to the idea as it’s looking extraordinarily likely)

No it wasn’t. He got them to two cup finals and won them their 1st trophy in 6 years - which up until a few months ago was the last pot that they’d won.

Very charitable of you. 8th in the league. Worst performance since 1994. Two seasons without champions league football. Second-lowest win percentage since Roy Evans, only above Hodgson. There’s a reason they sacked him...

And despite your desire to be the knight in shining armour for the reds, the failure or not of Dalglish was really not the point of the post. The point was that Everton are absolutely not alone in ‘going full circle’ as the quoted post suggested we were. Dalglish was just the first one to spring to mind.

Very charitable of you. 8th in the league. Worst performance since 1994. Two seasons without champions league football. Second-lowest win percentage since Roy Evans, only above Hodgson. There’s a reason they sacked him...

And despite your desire to be the knight in shining armour for the reds, the failure or not of Dalglish was really not the point of the post. The point was that Everton are absolutely not alone in ‘going full circle’ as the quoted post suggested we were. Dalglish was just the first one to spring to mind.

No, my sole point was that (prior to May) he was the only manager out of Benitez, Hodgson, Rodgers and Klopp across a 10+ year period for them to deliver any actual silverware. Hardly an unmitigated disaster.

I recognised the point of your post, that “Going back” isn’t always a smart idea and, honestly I agree with you. I wouldn’t choose Moyes to replace Silva, but on an interim basis I wouldn’t grumble - there’s a difference.

This is the exact thread title you'll be using in the current affairs forum when Brexit goes tits up.

The irony is, the United Kingdom will eventually break up cos of Brexit. But who cares... Brexit means Brexit for some people no matter the consequences.

but the money has been spent......
On scraps from the top six and unproven players.

Gylfi, Walcott, Schneiderlin, Delph, Iwobi...top six squad players. Keane, not even a squad player.

When players who are already not good enough to get in the starting XI for the top six leave those clubs for one outside it, they often only get worse as their biggest stage has passed them. I can’t think of too many that stayed at a similar level (or even rarer, improved) after leaving a Man U, Arse etc.

Unproven players is the way to go, but with that comes high risk. Cenk Tosun, 28 mill a prime example.

Let me fathom it for you....Moshiri is a fake, a phoney, a carpetbagging fraud.

I do wonder what it will take for some people to actually realise this.

We are in the gutter now. How far do we need to sink under the Iranian before people start to realise that he's the central problem, causing a multitude of other problems ?

Status
Not open for further replies.