2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the lad regularly coming off the neck as a striker. He needs a goal and he won’t get it out on the wing while he’s low on confidence.

every game, bring him on for at least 20 minutes up front. Tiring legs around him.

once he gets a goal or two, the weight will lift and well see the player he can be start to emerge.

START HIM SILVA YA COWARD.

....I recall he started the Watford game but was substituted at half-time because he was ineffective. We then went on to win that critical tie in the 2nd half.

Chuffed he got a few goals, only he can force his way into the team by grasping opportunities when they arise.

....I recall he started the Watford game but was substituted at half-time because he was ineffective. We then went on to win that critical tie in the 2nd half.

Chuffed he got a few goals, only he can force his way into the team by grasping opportunities when they arise.

I obviously agree to a point Eggs but it's hard to garner consistency when only getting dribs and drabs, added to all the other factors, moving country etc. It might take a while, there is no shame in that, many senior players have taken a season or so to find their feet in a league that plays in a completely different style to other leagues.

I obviously agree to a point Eggs but it's hard to garner consistency when only getting dribs and drabs, added to all the other factors, moving country etc. It might take a while, there is no shame in that, many senior players have taken a season or so to find their feet in a league that plays in a completely different style to other leagues.

....but that’s football, Bernie. Players can’t be given runs of first team games in the hope they come good, points and cup competitions are too vital for that. Kean has had plenty of opportunities this season, he needs to now take one when it arises. He also needs to be impressing in training. It’s not as if he’s got much in front of him.

At this moment in time it looks like he’s slipped behind DCL and Tosun in the pecking order, only he can address that situation. We all want him to be a success, there are no excuses, it’s really up to him.

....but that’s football, Bernie. Players can’t be given runs of first team games in the hope they come good, points and cup competitions are too vital for that. Kean has had plenty of opportunities this season, he needs to now take one when it arises. He also needs to be impressing in training.

At this moment in time it looks like he’s slipped behind DCL and Tosun in the pecking order, only he can address that situation. We all want him to be a success, there are no excuses, it’s really up to him.

I agree, only the lad himself can play his way into form, I am just allowing a little more time for him to settle down.

All this wouldn't be such a big thing if we were scoring goals but unfortunately Moise has a lot of pressure on him to start scoring now and no matter how good he is or potentially is, he's only 19 and was never going to get 15-20 goals that we probably needed from our striker to move on a level.

I agree, only the lad himself can play his way into form, I am just allowing a little more time for him to settle down.

All this wouldn't be such a big thing if we were scoring goals but unfortunately Moise has a lot of pressure on him to start scoring now and no matter how good he is or potentially is, he's only 19 and was never going to get 15-20 goals that we probably needed from our striker to move on a level.

...a goal would be a plus, but I think too much emphasis is put on that. Goals will come, it’s his performance that’s been a concern to me. Richarlison v West Ham is a benchmark for all our strikers, he was terrific against 2 physical CBs, back to goal and running them ragged in the channels, they couldn’t handle him.

Kean has all the physicality to play that role, he needs to deliver.

...a goal would be a plus, but I think too much emphasis is put on that. Goals will come, it’s his performance that’s been a concern to me. Richarlison v West Ham is a benchmark for all our strikers, he was terrific against 2 physical CBs, back to goal and running them ragged in the channels, they couldn’t handle him.

Kean has all the physicality to play that role, he needs to deliver.

I think the role he is being asked to do is unfamiliar to him, people don't take that into account. I don't think he suits our system.

I do agree he hasn't set the world on fire but I thought the hype was a bit ridiculous in the first place, he was set up to fall.

Even certain posters on here were saying he was already world class and would leave DCL in the dirt, ready to play Prem football etc. A load of rubbish.

....but that’s football, Bernie. Players can’t be given runs of first team games in the hope they come good, points and cup competitions are too vital for that. Kean has had plenty of opportunities this season, he needs to now take one when it arises. He also needs to be impressing in training. It’s not as if he’s got much in front of him.

Has he though? He hasn't had a sniff of the chances that DCL has had come his way. I know you probably mean being on the pitch but he has had absolutely little service in the box. He had a very half-chance at home against someone and my dad says a half chance against City (I haven't seen it).

Not saying hes the answer. IF we have 3 striekrs who are useless out of the box I'd rather start Tosun knowing he can strike a ball and find the net.
Just dont think Kean has particularly had much of a crack at it really. Compared to the minutes DCL has got.

Has he though? He hasn't had a sniff of the chances that DCL has had come his way. I know you probably mean being on the pitch but he has had absolutely little service in the box. He had a very half-chance at home against someone and my dad says a half chance against City (I haven't seen it).

Not saying hes the answer. IF we have 3 striekrs who are useless out of the box I'd rather start Tosun knowing he can strike a ball and find the net.
Just dont think Kean has particularly had much of a crack at it really. Compared to the minutes DCL has got.
DCL has played the equivalent of 2 1/2 games more in all competitions, but scored 5 more goals. Kean has got to make the most of the chances he gets, and truth be told he's looked pretty underwhelming so far. He's clearly got talent, and hopefully in the long run it'll all click, but the manager's not going to pick a lad who isn't producing the goods when his job on the line.

...DCL will be getting more game time because he offers more when he’s on the pitch. He was left out, brought on as sub and immediately had an impact at Brighton (I think).

Playing as an attacker you’re always in the game, if either full back has it you’re the out ball, any team mate behind you can play it into you or down the channels. Folk complain about too many crosses into the box, and folk complain about not enough crosses in the box. Kean gets chances to show his worth, he’s simply failed to take one so far.

I really want to see him with Iwobi at 10, playing balls into the box to his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.