2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at 21 years old his mentality is quite good.

- I'm a good footballer.
- I want to play week-in-week-out.
- I know I have to keep improving to show that.

Exactly what we want, isn't it?
An Everton player has to tread an extremely fine line between confidence as arrogance. Lukaku had confidence in abundance but a lot of people never warmed to him for that reason.

Interesting comments from Peter Reid. It’s the “ he’s good with or without the ball” bit which often gets overlooked . As you’d expect at his age he has the energy to get around the pitch more than most of our midfielders, and he’s usually the one filling in the space after we’ve lost the ball, preventing the opposition having an easy run at our defence.

“ Back to the Echo, and Everton legend Peter Reid has hailed the “terrific” form of Toffees midfielder Tom Davies.

Davies headed the opening goal of the Blues’ win at St Mary’s last weekend.

“He's shown a desire, he's looking to hit forward passes, he's good with or without the ball,” Reid added.

"He's, in my opinion, been Everton's best player recently."

Yeah but what does Peter Reid know about playing midfield in comparison to GOT who have trashed Davies yet worshipped at the altars of midfield giants such as Gareth Barry James McCarthy and Gylfi Siggurdson.

There’s an interesting programme on Netflix called Game Changers which looks at the effect of meat on various sportsmen and the positive effect switching to being vegan has on sporting performance. There are a number of players who follow a vegan or vegetarian diet either during the season or all year round, including Messi and Aguero , good on him for investigating options that could improve his overall performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.