Would you take back Steve Walsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like Koeman wanted Sigurdsson, Koeman definitely wanted Klassen, BK = Rooney, maybe, just maybe our verdict on Steve Walsh has been a little unfair ? The three players mentioned, McGuire, Robertson and Haaland would have been worth a fortune now. And why say it when it is so easily disproven, must be some truth in it. Koeman has a lot to answer for the tit.

Koeman was responsible for being a fat meff and not having a clue, but Walsh holds all the responsibility for the ridiculous fees we were roped into paying for these players. Part of his job as DOF is to find value for money alternatives and he ended up being held to ransom for the players Koeman wanted. He completely failed at his job as much as Koeman and shares equal blame for the mess we ended up in.

That sounds like Koeman wanted Sigurdsson, Koeman definitely wanted Klassen, BK = Rooney, maybe, just maybe our verdict on Steve Walsh has been a little unfair ? The three players mentioned, McGuire, Robertson and Haaland would have been worth a fortune now. And why say it when it is so easily disproven, must be some truth in it. Koeman has a lot to answer for the tit.
Koeman never picked Klaassen for us, and never picks him for Holland either. What makes you so sure he definitely wanted him?

It's really not easily disproven at all is it? The club could say no it never happened but it'd just be their word against his. There's no way of actually disproving it. And why say it? Is that a joke?!

Koeman never picked Klaassen for us, and never picks him for Holland either. What makes you so sure he definitely wanted him?

It's really not easily disproven at all is it? The club could say no it never happened but it'd just be their word against his. There's no way of actually disproving it. And why say it? Is that a joke?!

Just ask Alf Inge Haaland if his lad has ever been to Finch Farm.

Not you personally, you understand

I mean, if I were a hack interviewing somebody making grandiose claims I'd probably make a point of fact checking some of them before I uncritically went to print.
That's the point though, the article is just Walsh selling himself. It's not pretending to be hard hitting journalism, it's just a bit of a puff piece where he gets to say what he wants. He's basically saying it's not his fault it all went wrong here, safe in the knowledge that nobody will go to the trouble of trying prove him wrong. Players and managers do it all the time, there's an interview with Klaassen in the same publication where he basically does the same thing ('I got told we were going to sign X, Y and Z but we didn't...').

Okay back at you, can you prove Koeman didn't want Klassen ? Convinced he did because almost as soon as he did, Koeman was making excuses for him, they are both Dutch and maybe that is jumping to conclusions, because of that, but show me any reason at all it was Walsh or anyone else who wanted him. Also he doesn't pick him for Holland, simply because there are far better players ahead of him, that means nothing.
As for saying there is no way of actually disproving if Walsh had them players, McGuire, Robertson etc, that is easily shot down, if our club want to, so I say to you, why give them chance to make yourself look foolish, when you don't have to ? Why would you want to get into a slagging match if you couldn't win it.

Koeman was responsible for being a fat meff and not having a clue, but Walsh holds all the responsibility for the ridiculous fees we were roped into paying for these players. Part of his job as DOF is to find value for money alternatives and he ended up being held to ransom for the players Koeman wanted. He completely failed at his job as much as Koeman and shares equal blame for the mess we ended up in.

Can't argue with that.

Okay back at you, can you prove Koeman didn't want Klassen ? Convinced he did because almost as soon as he did, Koeman was making excuses for him, they are both Dutch and maybe that is jumping to conclusions, because of that, but show me any reason at all it was Walsh or anyone else who wanted him. Also he doesn't pick him for Holland, simply because there are far better players ahead of him, that means nothing.
As for saying there is no way of actually disproving if Walsh had them players, McGuire, Robertson etc, that is easily shot down, if our club want to, so I say to you, why give them chance to make yourself look foolish, when you don't have to ? Why would you want to get into a slagging match if you couldn't win it.
I don't need to disprove it mate, I didn't say it happened. I did read an interview in the same publication today in which Klaassen stated that he didn't think it was Koeman who had specifically wanted him, but i'm sure you know best. They're both Dutch right? So it's basically indisputable. You know what the Dutch are like, always buying eachother aren't they?

I'll say again, the club can't prove it didn't happen. They can say it didn't, but they're not going to have documents signed and dated by all parties saying 'we absolutely have not been offered the chance to sign Robertson and Maguire for £20m' that they can produce, so it'll just be their word against his. And nobody, possibly other than you, cares enough to want them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.