Roberto back in the goodison hotseat?

• Of course

Votes: 61 20.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 244 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, he looked the business to begin with and was ultimately found out by every other manager in the league, had no answer for it and things fell apart rapido.

Bottom line.
Three seasons under Martinez = a 5th spot, 2 cup SFs, last 16 in Europe...on a minimal spend

Three seasons under Moshiri = a 7th spot, nowhere in the cups, nowhere in Europe....after handing hsi variety of hand picked plant pots a mountain of cash.

"The Mosh" really had some people off.

More inconvenient truths.

Stop regurgitating the School of Science crap as well, embarrassing

zzPROP140412-032-Sunderland_Everton.jpg
[

Three seasons under Martinez = a 5th spot, 2 cup SFs, last 16 in Europe...on a minimal spend

Three seasons under Moshiri = a 7th spot, nowhere in the cups, nowhere in Europe....after handing hsi variety of hand picked plant pots a mountain of cash.

"The Mosh" really had some people off.

More inconvenient truths.

I'll say it again, I've not mentioned Moshiri once.

Please stick to the topic on hand and stop trying to force Moshiri into the equation.

I'll say it again, I've not mentioned Moshiri once.

Please stick to the topic on hand and stop trying to force Moshiri into the equation.
I'm not surprised you never mentioned Moshiri. It was right at the heart of the push to get shut of Martinez: "The Mosh" was going install Mourinho and buy world class players. Land of milk and honey was promised....

....three years later we're in the gutter.

I'm not surprised you never mentioned Moshiri. It was right at the heart of the push to get shut of Martinez: "The Mosh" was going install Mourinho and buy world class players. Land of milk and honey was promised....

....three years later we're in the gutter.

But still in the PL, unlike if we'd kept little Roberto.

Can't be arsed carrying on with it, you've got absolutely nothing.

72 points.

Great Togger.

?

You're on the money.

At the moment we need at least one of the following:

- attacking genius coach like Bobby

- astute game manager coach like a Mancini or Hiddink

- passionate motivator like a Neil Lennon

Or just learn how to spend £100s of millions in a smart way like most other footy clubs.

Worst home record in our entire history, two bottom half finishes with one of the best strikers in the prem in the team. Preferred Kone and Cleverley on the wings to Deulofeu and Mirallas. Spent tens of millions of our money on Alcaraz Robles Kone Cleverley McGeady Atsu. Got absolutely dismantled by Liverpool twice. No me gusta.

I don't even think he spent £10m on all of them put together, let alone tens of.

One of the main reasons he struggled was not having the money to rebuild Moyes squad which was on its last legs (Moyes knew that as well, he was on the verge of yet another rebuild), but with no money. Which is also the reason Martinez was appointed, to work on a tiny budget.

The worst 2 things that could've happened were 1. Kenwright telling the world Martinez promise (Martinez looked embarrassed when he said it, because it was a long term goal, not something to be achieved overnight) and 2. Having THAT season straight off the bat. Set completely unrealistic expectations for his entire tenure.

But the positivity he brought back into the club was something that we miss massively.

Well yeah but I didn't mention Martinez. I wouldn't see the point in supplementing a defensively poor manager with another one who's record wasn't as great as people make out either.
Neatly side stepped there.
But this IS a Martinez thread and if you're not against...and thats how it sounds...then mostly you must be for.
He did add Lukaku Barry and Delboy and was good for 6mths. But went downhill, from there.
Like I said - neatly side stepped.
I'm a No. Just where do you stand?

Signed a player for £27M - received back the best part of £100M.

Do you think price inflation gets near to covering that?

Pffffft!!!!

No, that’s not what I’m saying you nob, but say we took the £20m for Coleman that’s a far bigger profit % than the Lukaku transfer. Heck even free to £8m for Cleverly is better in that sense. Personally don’t think we got enough for Lukaku in today’s market.

Signed a player for £27M - received back the best part of £100M.

Do you think price inflation gets near to covering that?

Pffffft!!!!

Lukaku had his best season at Everton under Koeman. Hence the price we got for him, which at the time you complained was too cheap as well Zzzzz..

My pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.