Would you take Walter Smith back?

Would you like Walter (and Archie Knox) back at Goodison for fun times?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my opinion of him.
But living north of the border peoples perception of his time with us is different .
Because of his brilliant success with the now defunct Glasgow Rangers and to a certain extent done a half decent job with the national team clouds peoples judgement.
The reason why rangers went bust was because of excessive spending/cheating.
His tactical awareness at rangers was questionable according to ex-players .
If you read his book the parting from us was amicable (probably costly).
The rat employed his agent Dennis Roach to provide Everton with all his arl arse connections...for a fee.

There was something very "off" about his connection with Roach...something I believe was the subject of inquiries.

Aside from that: he was a dinosaur who made Moyes look like Bielsa.

Signed a young Marco Matterazzi who showed great potential but didn't settle so I reckon he always had an eye for a good player. Don't think he was helped the goings on in the board room and there were times he barely had a full squad to work with. He kept us up so fair play but overall his football was pretty uninspiring.

Last Everton manager to win at Anfield
It's absolutely horrendous, and as equally damming, that it's been over twenty years since we actually walked away from that tin shed as winners.

I still remember walking away from the ground ('twas a Monday I believe), and if you had told me that it would be so long then I'd have laughed uncontrollably.

It's absolutely horrendous, and as equally damming, that it's been over twenty years since we actually walked away from that tin shed as winners.

I still remember walking away from the ground ('twas a Monday I believe), and if you had told me that it would be so long then I'd have laughed uncontrollably.
Yeah, that night seems like such a long time ago now, well it was. I know its only one game, and only three points, but it isnt, it means more. I didnt go that night, but did enjoy the Rooney game at Leeds and the Martinez win at Old Trafford, but Anfield i still need to tick a win off :(

Yeah, that night seems like such a long time ago now, well it was. I know its only one game, and only three points, but it isnt, it means more. I didnt go that night, but did enjoy the Rooney game at Leeds and the Martinez win at Old Trafford, but Anfield i still need to tick a win off :(
There's far too many of our younger fans who haven't seen us beat Liverpool at all, which is bad itself, let alone the whole torrid record across the park.

In fact, we have only beaten them another four times since that September night in 1999: 2004, 2006, 2009 and finally in 2019. That's nine years! (Sighs...)

Funny in a gallows humour sense. And yet what he'd done with Norwich made it appear a good appointment.
I still think Walker with the situation and his Norwich performances made sense for us getting him in. It was a mistake but an understandable one.

Smith's tenure was awful. A dinosaur manager with the owners working on creating an ice age for us. A terrible combination.

Must've been the only EFC manager to pick a team of 8 defenders and 2 strikers at home to the RS. If it weren't for that last minute goal, he'd be a genius........

Status
Not open for further replies.