2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever so slight exaggeration considering we have only played 12 games so far this season and have been poor in practically all of them including the most recent games.
Not at all.

I think we're rubbish, I can't make that any clearer. I was saying it in the summer when people were extolling the virtues of Brands; I was looking at the squad thinking we'll do well to finish top 10 here. I've also not seen any evidence that Silva is the sort of top quality manager who can take us where we want to be. I'm not trying to argue that everything's going to turn out fine here, I'm just saying credit where it's due, we've arrested the slide we were on. I don't really envisage us going on a run where we win 7 or 8 on the bounce, so on that basis the whole season would be classed as a slump because we'd never gone a prolonged run of good results. If that's the way you want to classify things then fair enough, I can't stop you, I just think it's daft personally. Form is generally looked at in smaller chunks, and our most recent run of results is OK.

We're not on a downward trajectory at the moment, which is literally what a slump is, so I don't class it as one. That doesn't mean I think everything's great though, we're rubbish, and I expect us to remain so for at least the rest of this season.

There’s no way we’re sacking him mid season. That Moyes/Hughes story was put out to say to the fans that they’re your alternatives.

In a weird way, I’m just glad now. It was exhausting wanting him to be sacked so much to salvage the season.

A win against Norwich means we’d only need another 23 points out of 75 points to stay in the league, which we will easily achieve.

I just hope the likes of Holgate, Davies and some of the other younger lads have real progress this season.

In a weird way, I’m just glad now. It was exhausting wanting him to be sacked so much to salvage the season.

A win against Norwich means we’d only need another 23 points out of 75 points to stay in the league, which we will easily achieve.
Grim isnt it that season has turned out to be all about the race to 40 points, we came into it hoping for top 6 but wondering if we could get as high as 4th.
However the cup is more important and if Villa can beat Liverpools kids that is very much winnable

Grim isnt it that season has turned out to be all about the race to 40 points, we came into it hoping for top 6 but wondering if we could get as high as 4th.
However the cup is more important and if Villa can beat Liverpools kids that is very much winnable
Very much so but if it's a choice between 6 more months of Silva or Moyes coming back. I'd choose Silva everyday.

We all know Moyes would be given next season too and I could bear to see that horrible traitor back.

As I said my source told me Allegri had been sounded out by the board and he/his agent were absolutely game for it.

The question is - has an agreement been made for him to take over from next summer?

Will text my source in a bit and ask. Would rather him come in this season still - this fella is killing us.
Mate Allegri doesn't even know we exist.

Shockingly wasnt invited to the Elite coaches forum in Switzerland.

IM SHOOK.

1_download-6.jpg

I wonder if somebody with good eyesight can name them all.

Nevermind I found the list.

MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI

Date of birth: 11 August 1967
Nationality: Italian
Coaching career: Aglianese, SPAL, Grosseto, Sassuolo, Cagliari, Milan, Juventus
UEFA club matches as coach: 88

CARLO ANCELOTTI

Date of birth: 10 June 1959
Coaching career: Reggiana, Parma, Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, Bayern München, Napoli
UEFA club matches as coach: 212

UNAI EMERY

Date of birth: 3 November 1971
Nationality: Spanish
Coaching career: Lorca Deportiva, Almería, Valencia, Spartak Moskva, Sevilla, Paris Saint-Germain, Arsenal
UEFA club matches as coach: 136

PAULO FONSECA

Date of birth: 5 March 1973
Nationality: Portuguese
Coaching career: Estrela Amadora (youth), 1º Dezembro, Odivelas, Pinhalnovense, Aves, Paços Ferreira, Porto, Paços Ferreira, Braga, Shakhtar Donetsk, Roma
UEFA club matches as coach: 52

RUDI GARCIA

Date of birth: 20 February 1964
Nationality: French
Coaching career: Corbeil-Essonnes (player-coach), St-Étienne, Dijon, Le Mans, LOSC Lille, Roma, Marseille, Lyon
UEFA club matches as coach: 80

PEP GUARDIOLA

Date of birth: 18 January 1971
Nationality: Spanish
Coaching career: Barcelona B, Barcelona, Bayern München, Manchester City
UEFA club matches as coach: 124

JÜRGEN KLOPP

Date of birth: 16 June 1967
Nationality: German
Coaching career: Mainz, Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool
UEFA club matches as coach: 97

MIRCEA LUCESCU

Date of birth: 29 July 1945
Nationality: Romanian
Coaching career: Corvinul Hunedoara, Dinamo București, Pisa, Brescia, Reggiana, Rapid București (twice), Internazionale, Galatasaray, Beşiktaş, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit
UEFA club matches as coach: 222

MAURIZIO SARRI

Date of birth: 10 January 1959
Coaching career: Sangiovannese, Pescara, Arezzo, Avellino, Verona, Perugia, Grosseto, Alessandria, Sorrento, Empoli, Napoli, Chelsea, Juventus
UEFA club matches as coach: 45

OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJÆR

Date of birth: 26 February 1973
Nationality: Norwegian
Coaching career: Manchester United Reserves, Molde (twice), Cardiff City, Manchester United UEFA club matches as coach: 40

ERIK TEN HAG

Date of birth: 2 February 1970
Nationality: Dutch
Coaching career: Twente (youth, assistant), PSV Eindhoven (assistant), Go Ahead Eagles, Bayern München II, Utrecht, Ajax
UEFA club matches as coach: 32

THOMAS TUCHEL

Date of birth: 29 August 1973
Nationality: German
Coaching career: Stuttgart (youth coach and U19s assistant coach), Augsburg (U19s, academy coordinator and reserves), Mainz (U19s), Mainz, Borussia Dortmund, Paris Saint-Germain
UEFA club matches as coach: 40

ZINÉDINE ZIDANE

Date of birth: 23 June 1972
Nationality: French
Coaching career: Real Madrid (twice)
UEFA club matches as coach: 39

OGS was invited and not Jose.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

lol lol

No St Bobby neither. @davek

Seems Jose was invited and was set to attend.

Many of Europe’s leading coaches have been invited and among those who will attend, are:

Jürgen Klopp (Liverpool FC), Maurizio Sarri (Juventus Football Club), Zinédine Zidane (Real Madrid CF), Pep Guardiola (Manchester City FC), Carlo Ancelotti (SSC Napoli), Thomas Tuchel (Paris Saint Germain), Erik ten Hag (AFC Ajax), Unai Emery (Arsenal FC), Sérgio Conceição (FC Porto), Ole Gunnar Solskjær (Manchester United FC), Paulo Fonseca (AS Roma), Rudi Garcia (Olympique Lyonnais), José Mourinho, Massimiliano Allegri and Mircea Lucescu.

Status
Not open for further replies.