2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment the lad appears to be moving in the right direction and taking the chance he's been given. I am more than happy with his last few performances and feel he still has more to offer.
Our December fixtures will be quite telling, and it will be interesting to see how Davies copes with the glut of games against higher quality opposition. No doubt there will be plenty of 'supporters' waiting for him to fail just so they can jump up and shout "Look! I was right about him! I was right... wasn't I? Tell me I was right!". That said, if he doesn't add ten more goals to his tally come the end of December, he can GTF! Raise your hand if you agree.

At the moment the lad appears to be moving in the right direction and taking the chance he's been given. I am more than happy with his last few performances and feel he still has more to offer.
Our December fixtures will be quite telling, and it will be interesting to see how Davies copes with the glut of games against higher quality opposition. No doubt there will be plenty of 'supporters' waiting for him to fail just so they can jump up and shout "Look! I was right about him! I was right... wasn't I? Tell me I was right!". That said, if he doesn't add ten more goals to his tally come the end of December, he can GTF! Raise your hand if you agree.

The irony of course being that this is what you are doing right now after a win against Southampton.

December games are going to be hard for him and I'm sure he'll get the run around at times but I expect that. Just happy to see him performing well against the teams lower down the league. It's been a long time since he's done that.

I think he’s mostly played well for us since he broke into the team and what we’re seeing now is a natural progression of a young player maturing.

We’re a better team with him in it. Always have been.

The irony of course being that this is what you are doing right now after a win against Southampton.

No. I'm saying that I'm happy with his last few performances, now let's see where that leads him and us. I'm not waiting for him to come good just to get some sort of self-satisfaction of being right. I want him to come good to help move Everton forward.

Last edited:

No. I'm saying that I'm happy with his last few performances, now let's see where that leads him and us. I'm not waiting for him to come good just to get some sort of self-satisfaction of being right. I want him to come good to help move Everton forward.

I mean, you are, quite clearly doing this, read it back.

If you can't see the hypocrisy, then fair enough.

Non-loaded question, just genuinely wondering, what makes you say that?

Whenever I look at Davies he just looks decent to me, I've never (even when he first came through) really thought he looked like an outstanding talent, I always think he's just neat and tidy and capable. I think he can have a good career and wouldn't be surprised if he got capped and captained us, but I've not really seen anything to suggest he's going to be a top player to be honest. He reminds me of a Noble, Cork, Ward-Prowse, Will Hughes type.
He came on the scene at a very young age, and always seems to be asked to do something in advance of what would be expected of a lad of his age.
Debut as a young lad, captain for a few games at a young age and now showing the form in midfield that you would want from him.
I think he is a natural leader and from snippets I have read it seems as if he is quite vocal in the dressing room as well which is a bit unusual from a relatively young player.

He should be able to further improve his game with experience, his range of passing and his vision is good, but far from perfect yet, and if he continues to improve I reckon he will be a very good player.
If you looked at Lampard or Gerrard or other top players at a similar age I wonder how much further ahead of Tom Davies they were ?

I think he’s mostly played well for us since he broke into the team and what we’re seeing now is a natural progression of a young player maturing.

We’re a better team with him in it. Always have been.
I don’t think that’s true, tbh. He was pretty grim and has been for the past two seasons. No denying now, though, that he has improved massively and would be the first name on the team sheet for the midfield.

Let’s hope his progress continues.

Gerrard, Lampard and Bryan Robson. All today after a good game against Southampton.

He's Evertonian catnip.

December games are going to be hard for him and I'm sure he'll get the run around at times but I expect that. Just happy to see him performing well against the teams lower down the league. It's been a long time since he's done that.

Sadly, I feel the whole team will get the run around at times during our December games. As for Davies, the month could strengthen him as a player or completely knock the confidence out of him. Mind you, it will be interesting to see how the squad copes as a whole, and see who steps up to the challenge and who goes missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.