2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno... to a relegation team he can be the difference between staying up or not and that is big bucks as we all know. Swansea took 45m but went down and won’t be coming back anytime soon

Just can't see it mate. I know staying in the prem is worth big bucks, but I just don't see a team paying around £22m, and big wages (can't see him taking a big hit from what he is on now with us) for a slow, 30 year Sigurdsson.

I like the way he plays through balls. Not even remotely arsed if some of them don’t come off. Always involved or looking to be. Intelligent and forward thinking player. I pretty much live for through balls though.

Leicester seem to do ok....ndidi, Madison, tielemans to name but a few. They are out there. We just need to find them. We always put obstacles up as to why we don’t progress but other teams manage it. Sheff utd are fifth! Wolves have gone from championship side to Europa league in two seasons. Leicester, I’m sure in two years time, could be top four regulars. Liverpool were about 8th four seasons back! Tottenham went from under achievers to champions league regulars in about two seasons. We just make excuses for a really poorly run football club.
Are you agreeing with me? Because Ndidi Maddison and Tieelelelelmans are all under 23 still.

Hard to judge exactly why players have improved (age, experience, coaching, getting used to the league, just in a good run of form etc) but you can put forward a good argument that Keane, Holgate, Mina, Davies, Richarlison, DCL, Bernard, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin are all better than they were I think.
DCL and Holgate definitely have but Holgate played more for WBA than us. Davies has I think but I'd like a few more weeks to see what a run of 10 games or so for him looks like. Those are all fair.

Bernard is the same player he was when he got here. Richarlison has marginally improved but his weaknesses seam to still be weak. Keane doesn't feel any better to me. I'd say no to all of those.

Mina to me was always good and just needed to he healthy. Schneiderlin has been the same player for years and so has Sigurdsson. I'd say no to them too.

DCL and Holgate definitely have but Holgate played more for WBA than us. Davies has I think but I'd like a few more weeks to see what a run of 10 games or so for him looks like. Those are all fair.

Bernard is the same player he was when he got here. Richarlison has marginally improved but his weaknesses seam to still be weak. Keane doesn't feel any better to me. I'd say no to all of those.

Mina to me was always good and just needed to he healthy. Schneiderlin has been the same player for years and so has Sigurdsson. I'd say no to them too.
If you don't think Keane, Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson have been better than they were in the season before he came, you either didn't watch that season or have a very short memory. I'm not saying any of them have been great by any means, but they've been infinitely better than they were in that first season. Bernard didn't score a league goal all season last year and has 2 already this year, seems a bit unfair to say he hasn't improved. Richarlison has become a full Brazilian international and improved his goal tally by 8 from his first season in the PL. If that's not improvement I'm not sure what is to be honest.

Are you agreeing with me? Because Ndidi Maddison and Tieelelelelmans are all under 23 still.
I’m just saying that there are players clubs like Everton, Leicester and others can attract who are top operators who don’t need “time to develop” and are still on the upward trajectory. They went straight into the first eleven and are consistently good performers.

If you don't think Keane, Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson have been better than they were in the season before he came, you either didn't watch that season or have a very short memory. I'm not saying any of them have been great by any means, but they've been infinitely better than they were in that first season. Bernard didn't score a league goal all season last year and has 2 already this year, seems a bit unfair to say he hasn't improved. Richarlison has become a full Brazilian international and improved his goal tally by 8 from his first season in the PL. If that's not improvement I'm not sure what is to be honest.
The season before Silva got here was so tactically terrible that any PL level manager would have made the players look better. I don't think their individual abilities improved though. Also Keane had a massive gash in his foot. He got healthy more than he got better.

I think Richarlison has improved but given his age and potential he should probably be doing more. And the fact that his super weak points like link up play are still weak it's concerning. I also don't know that Silva has figured out what position is his best. Also a problem.

I’m just saying that there are players clubs like Everton, Leicester and others can attract who are top operators who don’t need “time to develop” and are still on the upward trajectory. They went straight into the first eleven and are consistently good performers.
You don't think Maddison, Ndidi or Tielemans have gotten better since being signed? Not sure about that. And regardless they only signed for Leicester because they were young and not established. It isn't like Leicester went out and signed Isco.

The season before Silva got here was so tactically terrible that any PL level manager would have made the players look better. I don't think their individual abilities improved though. Also Keane had a massive gash in his foot. He got healthy more than he got better.

I think Richarlison has improved but given his age and potential he should probably be doing more. And the fact that his super weak points like link up play are still weak it's concerning. I also don't know that Silva has figured out what position is his best. Also a problem.
So basically you just refuse to accept that Silva may have done anything good. Fair enough.

What are we moaning about this week lads, is there another young Everton player showing a bit of inconsistency that we need to crucify and write off? Bagsy planting the crown of thorns on his head..

So basically you just refuse to accept that Silva may have done anything good. Fair enough.
Not true. I actually think we've been far better this year than our point total. I think he does a great job putting together a pressing and defensive structure. There are definitely positives. I'm not sure player development is one of them.

Anyway this is going awry as this is the Iwobi thread so I'll bring it back by saying Marco's ability to get the most out of his skills is important for our attacking success. So far that's been meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.