2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plays like a guy who clearly doesn’t want to be here. However can’t really blame him if our other centre mids are injured and Silva picks him.

At the moment Delph seems like a waste of money.

I think we were expecting another centre mid to come in with Schneiderlin being allowed to move on. Which would have compensated somewhat.

Never know behind the scenes if his famed 'leadership' may have helped Holgate and Davies though...

I think Schneiderlin has 1 season on his deal after this and think this will be his final year with us.

Like Gbamin? You can't really account for your three first choice midfielders being injured for half a season.

Just doesn’t want to be here. The lad walked around him for the goal - only thing he did was stick out a leg after he was gone by him .. can’t believe he gets a game even when we are short of players. Get rid !

Destined to spend the next 50 years turning up in “players you thought would be good but turned out rubbish” threads on here after we let him go to Auxerre next year.

Doesn’t know or care what it means to be a proper Everton player, he’ll look back on his career and say “I played for Manchester United”

Lets never forget that he signed for Southampton in the championship, played 30 games for them and they got relegated to league 1.

When they got promoted to the premier league after 2 seasons in league 1 and one in the championship, he impressed massively because he worked harder than anyone else on the pitch every week, that was the thing that made him stand out , not his ability at all. Unfortunately after getting his massive move to Man United and being asked to play in a more structured role, the wheels fell off completely because he couldn’t rely on just sprinting about.

By the time he came to us he didn’t care at all, saw it as a step down after his career peaked. Doesn’t run anywhere near as much as he used to and never had the ability in the first place, oh and he stopped chipping in with goals too.

Woeful signing on a ridiculous wage, costs us time and time again and attitude is quite obviously appalling, getting sent off on purpose to name but one. It’s all well and good that while he’s signed to us our fans will go out of their way to see the positives but the minute he’s gone everyone will be in full agreement that it was a shocker of a signing.

Sell

Destined to spend the next 50 years turning up in “players you thought would be good but turned out rubbish” threads on here after we let him go to Auxerre next year.

Doesn’t know or care what it means to be a proper Everton player, he’ll look back on his career and say “I played for Manchester United”

Lets never forget that he signed for Southampton in the championship, played 30 games for them and they got relegated to league 1.

When they got promoted to the premier league after 2 seasons in league 1 and one in the championship, he impressed massively because he worked harder than anyone else on the pitch every week, that was the thing that made him stand out , not his ability at all. Unfortunately after getting his massive move to Man United and being asked to play in a more structured role, the wheels fell off completely because he couldn’t rely on just sprinting about.

By the time he came to us he didn’t care at all, saw it as a step down after his career peaked. Doesn’t run anywhere near as much as he used to and never had the ability in the first place, oh and he stopped chipping in with goals too.

Woeful signing on a ridiculous wage, costs us time and time again and attitude is quite obviously appalling, getting sent off on purpose to name but one. It’s all well and good that while he’s signed to us our fans will go out of their way to see the positives but the minute he’s gone everyone will be in full agreement that it was a shocker of a signing.

Sell

Sorry mate he come to us for first team football and to play under koeman, he was great for the first 3 months/6. Then I have no idea what’s went wrong.

I agree, but was he actually ‘great for the first 3 months?’ He was a positive addition for the first 3 or 4 matches. I noted he was (during that short period) often described as a “ Rolls Royce” player.

However, let’s examine the time when the real tough times arrived. He went missing big time. He got sent off on purpose in a European match. He further reduced his reputation with Evertonians with the infamous training ground incident with the equally gutless Mirallas. All this when everyone needed to pull together to get through that turgid time.

I’m still waiting for big Dunc’s version of events.......

Sell

Very good post and it sums up the bugger’s career very well.

One point I will make is that he won’t be featuring in any list I ever make regarding disappointing signings....I could never understand Koeman’s obsessive pursuit of him and nowt has changed my mind since then :(

And @davek proper warned everyone about him during that pursuit :)

Just doesn’t want to be here. The lad walked around him for the goal - only thing he did was stick out a leg after he was gone by him .. can’t believe he gets a game even when we are short of players. Get rid !
The problem, as with most of our deadwood, is that he's time left on his contract and we pay him much more then any other club would be prepared to. He won't accept a huge pay cut, so he won't be going anywhere. He was quite clearly available for transfer in the summer and still nobody came in for him, so we can a safely assume he'll be here until the end of his contract with us. Same as Bolasie, and as Niasse, Martina, Stekelenberg, Tosun, Keane, etc.

Very good post and it sums up the bugger’s career very well.

One point I will make is that he won’t be featuring in any list I ever make regarding disappointing signings....I could never understand Koeman’s obsessive pursuit of him and nowt has changed my mind since then :(

And @davek proper warned everyone about him during that pursuit :)

No he didn’t, he said we shouldn’t be spending money on defensive midfielders, but he never once brought up his attitude problems.

With the injury to Gomes he probably will be with us for the season now.
Delph cannot play every week, even Silva said that last week and Gbamin whenever he returns to fitness will need time to get up to speed with the league.

It does appear that Baningme has been doing really well with the under 23s recently and just maybe he may be able to push himself into the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.