• Kenwright

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 28206

Simple Poll:

Moshiri:

Investment aside, and a very big 'aside' we're languishing near the bottom of the league, on our 4th manager in 4 years under Moshiri and overseen the Steve Walsh era, hes appointed Marcel Brands and Marco Silva.

Kenwright:

20 years of failure, asset stripping. Failed ground moves, numerous failed investment opportunities, star players sold to manage debt. Arguably the finest example modern day failure as a chairman.

Kings dock happens and we're a very different team now, that cock up alone has held us back years

A quick look at all the other clubs that have moved ground says that may not be the case.

I mean it could have, for every Manchester City there is a Sunderland or Southampton. I'm sure Arsenal were banking on years of domination after their move from Highbury too.

I voted Kenwright because of the decline in expectations that he managed and his failure to exploit a golden age of exposure for the league that we play in. However, Johnson is the guy that really torpedoed the club. In the period that followed the formation of the premier league the big clubs, and at that period we were most definitely in that group of clubs, that were well managed consolidated their position at the top of the league and boosted their incomes tremendously. At the same time we were involved in a succession of relegation battles and were selling off assets like the tories with public services. That man ruined us for a generation.

Simple Poll:

Moshiri:

Investment aside, and a very big 'aside' we're languishing near the bottom of the league, on our 4th manager in 4 years under Moshiri and overseen the Steve Walsh era, hes appointed Marcel Brands and Marco Silva.

Kenwright:

20 years of failure, asset stripping. Failed ground moves, numerous failed investment opportunities, star players sold to manage debt. Arguably the finest example modern day failure as a chairman.

Star players were sold because they wanted to leave. By and large we got very good money for them. It happens at most clubs.

How on earth is Kenwright the finest example of modern day failure as a chairman when you have Peter Risdale, The Venkys, Francesco Bechetti, Mike Ashley, The Oystons etc also in modern times?

A quick look at all the other clubs that have moved ground says that may not be the case.

I mean it could have, for every Manchester City there is a Sunderland or Southampton. I'm sure Arsenal were banking on years of domination after their move from Highbury too.

Ofcourse there was no certainty, but Arsenal have had it much better than us in the premier league years, they also had Moshiri and Usmanov trying to takeover to push them on, Sunderland is Sunderland, we would of been on the front of the city even before a lot of investment came into the city centre, I think we would have been a very attractive club to buy with kings dock stadium in place

I voted Kenwright because of the decline in expectations that he managed and his failure to exploit a golden age of exposure for the league that we play in. However, Johnson is the guy that really torpedoed the club. In the period that followed the formation of the premier league the big clubs, and at that period we were most definitely in that group of clubs, that were well managed consolidated their position at the top of the league and boosted their incomes tremendously. At the same time we were involved in a succession of relegation battles and were selling off assets like the tories with public services. That man ruined us for a generation.
Kenwright saved us from the Johnson era of impending disaster, to bring us to the Kenwright era of incompetent mediocrity which then ushered in the Moshiri era of unfulfilled expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.