2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
You`ve been posting variations of the same thing over and over again for the best part of four days solid now.

WE`VE ALL GOT THE MESSAGE LOUD AND CLEAR.

You could say that about anything on here though.

It's like Coronation Street, you can miss it for 3 years, watch it and know what's going on. Same in here, same posters with the same stuff every single bloody day!

You could say that about anything on here though.

It's like Coronation Street, you can miss it for 3 years, watch it and know what's going on. Same in here, same posters with the same stuff every single bloody day!
Nah, Damon at least had FFP to go for him.

Dave dropped the 72 points argument a while back as well.

Loads of new multi's (so.. same people with new fake identities).

We keep it different mate, this ain't Corrie.

He has to be given to the end of the season no matter. We can't keep going round in the same circle of sack manager, hire manager, bring his players in, give him 18 months and repeat. We end up like now with players from different managers who were bought for different systems.

We've done a good job getting rid a a lot of dead wood, and getting players in who Silva wants.

I dont think he should be judged till he gets Gbamin and Gomes in the middle together or a 3 with Delph. That's his team and the way he wants to play. He has till the summer with me, if not longer.

the fact marco is till here just underlines the culture of mediocrity that has gathered round this club.

the players and management will now see that the terrible run of games we went through is all OK and nothing to worry about ,,,

what a state of affairs..

some of the performances ALONE should have been worthy of the sack for silva ... let alone a string of 5 or 6 terrible.. the fact he has 'got away' with it makes me feel that this club is going nowhere and is happy with that

the fact marco is till here just underlines the culture of mediocrity that has gathered round this club.

the players and management will now see that the terrible run of games we went through is all OK and nothing to worry about ,,,

some of the performances ALONE should have been worthy of the sack for silva ... let alone a string of 5 or 6 terrible.. the fact he has 'got away' with it makes me feel that this club is going nowhere and is happy with that
if we get rid now then we're hiring another risk and if that risk massively backfires we can end up near the relegation zone if it all goes pear shaped, Silva will probably get the season and a decision will be made since he will have a year left on his contract and apparently the aim this season was for Europa spots..

Reading The Athletic’s latest piece on him, it sounds like it was absolutely skill and hard work rather than luck which brought about the positive change against West Ham. The only exception perhaps being Davies, who he probably wouldn’t have played were it not for injuries.

Speaking of which, it’s genuinely nice to read decent journalism for a change, it’s £24 for a year via toffeetv.

Have you seriously got nothing better to do? All you bring to this forum is negativity.

if we get rid now then we're hiring another risk and if that risk massively backfires we can end up near the relegation zone if it all goes pear shaped, Silva will probably get the season and a decision will be made since he will have a year left on his contract and apparently the aim this season was for Europa spots..

I think that was a realistic target at the start of the season.
If / when he fails to deliver it , then he should be moved on. That said , any more disastrous runs of form , like we have already witnessed , may necessitate his removal before then.

A defeat on Saturday and he should still be sacked. Every game he should remind the players his job is on the line if they play like they did against West Ham.

....there really won’t be an appetite for sacking Silva from within the club, Moshiri won’t want the turmoil of a new manager search. The West Ham result will have taken the pressure significantly off, as long as we look like having more than 20 points at Christmas I very much doubt there’ll be a sacking.

....there really won’t be an appetite for sacking Silva from within the club, Moshiri won’t want the turmoil of a new manager search. The West Ham result will have taken the pressure significantly off, as long as we look like having more than 20 points at Christmas I very much doubt there’ll be a sacking.

I'd like to think the pressure has eased a little, but I hope not significantly. Silva has to show an ability to get to grips with the prolonged issues of our away record and inability to recover when going behind.

For a long time we have been too dependent on getting the bulk of our league points from home games and on top of that, the home games against the better sides are going to be difficult enough as it is.

We simply won't make any progress unless he can find us a sustainable route out of this. You can argue that we are simply not good enough but in the context of how the season is turning out and with teams in transition, I am thinking 7th with an improved points total is not very much at all to ask for.

The West Ham game simply has to mark a watershed for Silva and a springboard to greater levels of reliability and consistency from the squad, home and away. We won't get a revolution, but I am looking for sustained and progressive improvement without wild swings in results. If it doesn't happen then it is simply a question of when rather than if he will be sacked.

I'd like to think the pressure has eased a little, but I hope not significantly. Silva has to show an ability to get to grips with the prolonged issues of our away record and inability to recover when going behind.

For a long time we have been too dependent on getting the bulk of our league points from home games and on top of that, the home games against the better sides are going to be difficult enough as it is.

We simply won't make any progress unless he can find us a sustainable route out of this. You can argue that we are simply not good enough but in the context of how the season is turning out and with teams in transition, I am thinking 7th with an improved points total is not very much at all to ask for.

The West Ham game simply has to mark a watershed for Silva and a springboard to greater levels of reliability and consistency from the squad, home and away. We won't get a revolution, but I am looking for sustained and progressive improvement without wild swings in results. If it doesn't happen then it is simply a question of when rather than if he will be sacked.

...and I think that is very fair, but the club will know Gbamin hasn’t featured, Gomes has been out with injury, Kean is yet to fire and Silva will not get his pacy CB until January. I’m not defending Silva in the least, but unless there is another disastrous run of defeats, I think he’ll be safe this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.