2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is we all know he'll go back to being inconsistent/ over hitting simple crosses/passes as thats what Theo does.

Great performance yesterday but for me I would go with Kean in his place out wide with Sidibe - Kean is the future and if he's to develop he needs to play and out wide will give him the space/time that he hasnt had up top on his own - he also plays there for Italy.

Richarlison

Bernard Iwobi Kean

If we are sticking with Rich up top that has to be the team for me going forward.

Problem is we all know he'll go back to being inconsistent/ over hitting simple crosses/passes as thats what Theo does.

Great performance yesterday but for me I would go with Kean in his place out wide with Sidibe - Kean is the future and if he's to develop he needs to play and out wide will give him the space/time that he hasnt had up top on his own - he also plays there for Italy.

Richarlison

Bernard Iwobi Kean

If we are sticking with Rich up top that has to be the team for me going forward.
Why drop a proven player after a great performance? This could be the start of a run of good form. An on-form Walcott could actually be our most dangerous player. Of course, that depends on him finding his best form, but sometimes players just need time to adapt to a new environment and some minutes to get to their best level

He’s been dropped so it’s a matter of pride that he wants to perform, if he doesn’t he will be benched. This part of having a competitive squad, which we are building slowly if everyone’s fit.

Richarlison

Bernard Iwobi Kean

I have high hope for Kean but there is zero justification for him starting over Walcott on the right

I have high hope for Kean but there is zero justification for him starting over Walcott on the right

Tbf Walcott has had 1 good game in about 18 months - I would say there is an argument for Kean to be given a chance especially when he's supposedly our future and lets face it Walcott should be slowly fazed out the door over the coming 12-24 months.

Richarlison

Bernard Iwobi Kean

Kean is fine being eased in.

He shouldn't be tasked with tracking back half the game.

He was great to bring on yesterday and his skill in holding the ball up and energy/pace was key to that third goal.

There's no rush.

Tbf Walcott has had 1 good game in about 18 months - I would say there is an argument for Kean to be given a chance especially when he's supposedly our future and lets face it Walcott should be slowly fazed out the door over the coming 12-24 months.
Next weekend there is no reason to change the attack after we dominated a game for the first time this season

See a few months ago, when Rich came in on the right, it was Walcott making Coleman look bad and he was actually just as good as he always was

Now Sidibe plays and it’s the opposite lol

Kean is fine being eased in.

He shouldn't be tasked with tracking back half the game.

He was great to bring on yesterday and his skill in holding the ball up and energy/pace was key to that third goal.

There's no rush.

I wouldnt say there is a rush but at the same time I think our fans have gone way OTT based on 1 result - we played just as well against WHU away from home and Burnley in particular last season playing a 3-4-3 - but Voldemort reverted to type the weeks after.

I just dont rate Walcott and think its shades of Jags last season - fantastic performance against Arsenal so the fans/media/Voldermort keeps him in against Fulham on the basis of "not changing a winning team" and Jags reverted back to type.

I just think Kean wont improve without regular game time and his agent is a snake who will have him gone if he thinks his client is rotting away as he's a cash cow for Raoila. Shades of persisting with Gylfi/Rooney rather than ever giving Vlasic much of a chance.

I wouldnt say there is a rush but at the same time I think our fans have gone way OTT based on 1 result - we played just as well against WHU away from home and Burnley in particular last season playing a 3-4-3 - but Voldemort reverted to type the weeks after.

I just dont rate Walcott and think its shades of Jags last season - fantastic performance against Arsenal so the fans/media/Voldermort keeps him in against Fulham on the basis of "not changing a winning team" and Jags reverted back to type.

I just think Kean wont improve without regular game time and his agent is a snake who will have him gone if he thinks his client is rotting away as he's a cash cow for Raoila. Shades of persisting with Gylfi/Rooney rather than ever giving Vlasic much of a chance.

Why do you call him Voldermort?

Status
Not open for further replies.