Squad rebuild 50% complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
In light of the recent criticisms of Brands / Silva I feel that we should look again at the number of players still needing to be offloaded.

The players whose contracts should be assessed (in my view) are Gibson / Sidibe / Keane / Kenny / Bernard. The rest of them I believe will be gone over the next 4 windows:

Stekelenburg
Martina
Niasse
Baines
Gibson
Sidibe (loan expiry)

Walcott
Schneiderlin
Besic
Sandro
Bolasie
Dowell
Pennington
Connolly

Lossl
Keane
Sigurdsson
Holgate
Coleman
Tosun
Delph
Baningime
Bernard
Kenny

Over the next 2.5 seasons there are 24 players whose contracts (unless extended) will be leaving the club.

Of those 24 players only 5 or 6 I feel have any chance of getting extensions.

Out of the remaining 18 or 19 players, lets say 14/15 of them will be departing having been on 1st team squad wages.

If we actually look at the current size of our squad without those 14/15 players;

GK
Pickford
Virginia

RB
Sidibe
Kenny

LB
Digne

CB
Mina
Keane
Gibson

CM
Davies
Gbamin
Gomes

AM
Richarlison
Bernard
Iwobi

CF
Kean
Calvert-Lewin

Even some of the 16 above players may not be kept on, so it shows how much of a job Brands and Silva still have on their hands.

If we actually drill down further, these are the players who have shown consistently (in my opinion),or it is expected that they can stay in the squad over a long term period:

GK - Pickford
RB -
LB - Digne
CB - Mina
DM - Gbamin
CM - Davies / Gomes
AM - Iwobi / Richarlison / Bernard
CF - Kean / DCL

Arguably thats 11 players 'expected' to be in Brands / Silvas plans for the long term.

So, in defence of the management I would urge patience when claiming that the manager has 'his' squad or even 'his' team.

That is clearly not the case.

Over the last 3 windows we are about 50% through the squad rebuild.

It is my view that we will be able to see great strides made at the end of summer 2021 with the full effects of the rebuild in 2022.

Our goal over this period should be to finish 7th and above and push for a cup win. Any higher than that and we will be over performing and any closer to having 5 new long term players in the first team squad per season will also be over performing.

We will need to be patient.

I read that twice and now I've got a headache.

In light of the recent criticisms of Brands / Silva I feel that we should look again at the number of players still needing to be offloaded.

The players whose contracts should be assessed (in my view) are Gibson / Sidibe / Keane / Kenny / Bernard. The rest of them I believe will be gone over the next 4 windows:

Stekelenburg
Martina
Niasse
Baines
Gibson
Sidibe (loan expiry)

Walcott
Schneiderlin
Besic
Sandro
Bolasie
Dowell
Pennington
Connolly

Lossl
Keane
Sigurdsson
Holgate
Coleman
Tosun
Delph
Baningime
Bernard
Kenny

Over the next 2.5 seasons there are 24 players whose contracts (unless extended) will be leaving the club.

Of those 24 players only 5 or 6 I feel have any chance of getting extensions.

Out of the remaining 18 or 19 players, lets say 14/15 of them will be departing having been on 1st team squad wages.

If we actually look at the current size of our squad without those 14/15 players;

GK
Pickford
Virginia

RB
Sidibe
Kenny

LB
Digne

CB
Mina
Keane
Gibson

CM
Davies
Gbamin
Gomes

AM
Richarlison
Bernard
Iwobi

CF
Kean
Calvert-Lewin

Even some of the 16 above players may not be kept on, so it shows how much of a job Brands and Silva still have on their hands.

If we actually drill down further, these are the players who have shown consistently (in my opinion),or it is expected that they can stay in the squad over a long term period:

GK - Pickford
RB -
LB - Digne
CB - Mina
DM - Gbamin
CM - Davies / Gomes
AM - Iwobi / Richarlison / Bernard
CF - Kean / DCL

Arguably thats 11 players 'expected' to be in Brands / Silvas plans for the long term.

So, in defence of the management I would urge patience when claiming that the manager has 'his' squad or even 'his' team.

That is clearly not the case.

Over the last 3 windows we are about 50% through the squad rebuild.

It is my view that we will be able to see great strides made at the end of summer 2021 with the full effects of the rebuild in 2022.

Our goal over this period should be to finish 7th and above and push for a cup win. Any higher than that and we will be over performing and any closer to having 5 new long term players in the first team squad per season will also be over performing.

We will need to be patient.
Yes , that's what we need.

Plan over the next 2 and a half seasons to ship out 24 more players and replace them with our owners pot of bloody gold at the end of his rainbow.

Aim for 7th for the next 3 seasons and then finally after another 3 seasons of squad rebuilding we will finally be able to dream of 6th.

Any boss players who may, well you know leave because we are mid table is a minor point,.why wouldn't our best players want to rot away aiming for 7th watching the squad ripped a apart year on year.

Yes , that's what we need.

Plan over the next 2 and a half seasons to ship out 24 more players and replace them with our owners pot of bloody gold at the end of his rainbow.

Aim for 7th for the next 3 seasons and then finally after another 3 seasons of squad rebuilding we will finally be able to dream of 6th.

Any boss players who may, well you know leave because we are mid table is a minor point,.why wouldn't our best players want to rot away aiming for 7th watching the squad ripped a apart year on year.

Fancy listing the players you believe we could get next windows that would elevate us above your sarcastic mediocrity prediction...

Should we just fold?

Fancy listing the players you believe we could get next windows that would elevate us above your sarcastic mediocrity prediction...

Should we just fold?
No, you are right.

Let's keep selling all our players year on year and win the league in the process. I mean all the greats do it, remember the great Ferguson league wins where he was selling 8 squad players a season? Or the arsenal invincibles who spent 3 years selling their entire squad to get there. Maybe Chelsea with their league titles constantly chopped and changed.

Even city , completely different team last season who won it the year before right?

You win things by building on what you have. Constantly selling will leave us right where we are now. And you really think the op attitude of give it 3 years is good enough as a fan? Are you happy to write the next 3 seasons off whilst we sell our players?

Bit of a news flash, before we start shifting our deadwood off that big list, first ones out the door are going to be our best players instead. The only ones the op listed as retainable, they will be the first out the door out of an embarrassment of a club who's selling all of their teammates every year.

Dont feed the troll. I have it on ignore.
[/QUOTE]

Ahh.

No chance you are talking out your arse as usual then? Taking a strange obsession with all our players under 18 because you apparently scout the youth leagues across the globe? Like your 100 other threads about young footballers.

My mistake

No, you are right.

Let's keep selling all our players year on year and win the league in the process. I mean all the greats do it, remember the great Ferguson league wins where he was selling 8 squad players a season? Or the arsenal invincibles who spent 3 years selling their entire squad to get there. Maybe Chelsea with their league titles constantly chopped and changed.

Even city , completely different team last season who won it the year before right?

You win things by building on what you have. Constantly selling will leave us right where we are now. And you really think the op attitude of give it 3 years is good enough as a fan? Are you happy to write the next 3 seasons off whilst we sell our players?

Bit of a news flash, before we start shifting our deadwood off that big list, first ones out the door are going to be our best players instead. The only ones the op listed as retainable, they will be the first out the door out of an embarrassment of a club who's selling all of their teammates every year.
There's not a single player on that list Everton would miss. He doesnt recommend selling our best players at all.

No, you are right.

He literally wants to keep the core of the squad together and get rid of the dross, lots of which are out of contract or in their 30s. If you have a load of mediocre players, there is nothing to build on as they aeent good enough In the first place. And if you dont move them on, you end up with a bloated squad.

Unless you want to go back to the glory days of having a 50 man squad with martina, William's and jagielka in the defence?

There's not a single player on that list Everton would miss. He doesnt recommend selling our best players at all.
Ok so where is the cash coming from selling so many players?

Do you expect us to be spending over 100 million every summer to replace them all? I mean half a squad isn't cheap

He literally wants to keep the core of the squad together and get rid of the dross, lots of which are out of contract or in their 30s. If you have a load of mediocre players, there is nothing to build on as they aeent good enough In the first place. And if you dont move them on, you end up with a bloated squad.

Unless you want to go back to the glory days of having a 50 man squad with martina, William's and jagielka in the defence?

But that core will leave, because we aren't going anywhere. You think richarldson, digne, gomes, Bernard , Kean to make a few are going to be here in 3 years if we are midtable still and selling everyone around them?

May as well add them to the list and that pretty much leaves around 5 players left , needing at least 20 players in 3 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.