2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stats told me he was quite ineffective at 10 and his display today showed why, very wasteful with the ball at times, but his driving forward constantly put them under pressure and opened them up.

Very good display from the boy, Marcel Brands has done it again.

The stats told me he was quite ineffective at 10 and his display today showed why, very wasteful with the ball at times, but his driving forward constantly put them under pressure and opened them up.

What stats are you referring to?

Missed a couple of chances + played high risk balls to break through their defence which didnt quite come off?

I wouldn’t say he was ineffective at all. Some lovely vertical passes and also got into a brilliant position when he missed the 1v1.

Really good game today and I can live with him loosing the ball whilst being creative in the right areas of the pitch at the right time. It only needs to pay dividends a couple of times to be effective. Did loose it a few times when dribbling and whilst not under any real pressure though so needs to clean that up. Should have really scored though seen the same a few games back which makes me think although not a striker may not have that natural scoring ability either which if playing in the #10 role you would hope he had.

He isn’t static. He’ll make runs off the ball and create spaces where forwards can move into. He’s not world class but he’s very effective if he’s used as attacking mid.

pace, movement, forward passes.
It's simple things like this that win you games and he offers all of them, Sure he missed a sitter but he makes himself available and drives the ball forward so we don't have to swing it to Digne who lobs in 50 crosses.
It's just absolutely pathetic that it's took us 9 games and 4 losses on the bounce for this change to happen.

I thought he did plenty of good things but was poor at other times, the thing that bothered me was the number of times he shirked the physical side of the game, he pulled out of a few fifty fifty tackles,and it isn’t the first time I’ve noticed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.