2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
England beat Bulgaria and suddenly they are a top team again.

Michael Keane would be better off staying as far away from the international set up as he can.

I think the chances are that you`ll get your wish and he will be getting kept far away from the Ingerland team for a long time, but not through his own choice.

The big fanny head.

I actually rate Keane as a defender. We saw that with a defender alongside him who complements his skills and compensate s his weaknesses (such as Zouma) he is capable of excellent performances. However, we cannot afford to build a team around a lad whose self belief is so fragile! If he (or those around him) have an off day, we need his head to stay up, not go down! On that basis I feel we should replace the lad.

Optimism is one thing. Blind faith is something very different, however.

Example. Kean hasn't shown much so far but he's young and hardly had a chance, so it's completely wrong for anybody to write him off.

Keane was woeful two years ago and just about average last season, and abysmal once again this time round. Safe to say he's nowhere near good enough for where our board claims they want us to be.
To be fair I actually thought he had a very good year last, though that may be because his 17-18 campaign was such a disaster.

4th most cleansheets in the league last year you say...
While not an isolated observation, this would seem to indicate that Mina, or at the very least his partnership with him, are the problem. Most of those clean sheets came with Zouma as his partner.

While not an isolated observation, this would seem to indicate that Mina, or at the very least his partnership with him, are the problem. Most of those clean sheets came with Zouma as his partner.
We miss the bit of pace that Zouma had that's all, he was not a particularly great defender as such but his pace helped loads in terms of recovery and it let us push further up the pitch. Keane and Mina are far too slow as a PL pairing at the back, one will have to go at some point.

So if we expect to recoup any of our investment, we'd have to try to move him on either next, or the following summer windows.

You would think so mate. It's a weird one with Keane, he played really well and looked solid with Zouma next to him, but has looked all over the gaff with Mina next to him (not saying that is down to Mina) maybe Keane is a confidence player with a weak mentality.

You would think so mate. It's a weird one with Keane, he played really well and looked solid with Zouma next to him, but has looked all over the gaff with Mina next to him (not saying that is down to Mina) maybe Keane is a confidence player with a weak mentality.

It took Zouma till March to settle in the partnership, but we are expecting Keane and Mina to settle after 8 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.