Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
An important match for Silva. We meet a team that has not really played very well, but has had the margins with it. While we haven't really played very badly, I'm not saying we've played very well, but we've had the margins against us. Eg. on average it takes about 3 shots on goal to score, while our opponents are on 2 shots against us (Here I have removed the MC match). If we continue this trend, Silva will have to find a job sooner or later. Still, I choose to be an optimist and choose to believe that margins will normalize.

Draw and the board can pretend there were positive signs on the field so they don't need to fire him. Nailed on!

Yeah a draw will give him Brighton and the cup sadly.

Imagine having owners with the balls/ambition of Liverpool who sacked there manager after a draw away in a Merseyside Derby - we would be giving said manager a new contract.

Thats the very reason why one merseyside club is 1st and the other 18th in the table - levels.

An important match for Silva. We meet a team that has not really played very well, but has had the margins with it. While we haven't really played very badly, I'm not saying we've played very well, but we've had the margins against us. Eg. on average it takes about 3 shots on goal to score, while our opponents are on 2 shots against us (Here I have removed the MC match). If we continue this trend, Silva will have to find a job sooner or later. Still, I choose to be an optimist and choose to believe that margins will normalize.

we haven't played badly?

you messing?

we have been awful in at least 4 games

Thankfully we can't have a midfield of Delph and Schneiderlin at the weekend, but just you watch him go and drop the former and keep the latter in alongside Gomes!

At least Delph puts himself about and has a bit of passion. We just need Gomes to remember he's a decent player and those two could look alright paired.

West Ham is the perfect time to get Sigurdsson out of the team in place of Iwobi, but clearly that'll be far too much to ask and Bernard will again find himself out of the team, meaning Digne will be wasted on the field again.

I'd start (not going to divert from 4231 as we know that won't change) Kean, Iwobi, Bernard and Sidibe in place of Calvert Lewin, Sigurdsson and Coleman, Iwobi in the middle.

Expecting a point maximum.

Imagine having owners with the balls/ambition of Liverpool who sacked there manager after a draw away in a Merseyside Derby - we would be giving said manager a new contract.

Thats the very reason why one merseyside club is 1st and the other 18th in the table - levels.

Can't argue with that. The RS sacked a club legend after he'd won a league cup and lost an FA Cup final. We clapped our players off the pitch after being beaten 3-1 vs City, before Wolves went and beat City at the Etihad. Everyone knows that a draw against West Ham will be enough for Silva to keep his job.

THAT'S the reason? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.