2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
kind of in the same sort of capacity as what mclean was doing regards the poppy..

no room in for this in football, esp when every match is beamed round the globe to trizillions
There is no comparison at all Frang. One player is declining to have a political symbol on his jersey and the other is pretending to be a soldier on the pitch.

For footballing reasons alone, Tosun has no future at the club. He’s had no history either mind you :(.

If he was banging in a goal a game would everyone say the same?
course they wouldn't. He's clearly being too patriotic for his own good that whatever his country do they can't do no wrong in his eyes, Could have just not brought political stuff into Football but of course they had to do it.

Im finding lots of hypocrisy with this, in term many will understand he is showing his support for his nations army....like millions do in England.

Absolutely mate. Spot on. Too many virtue signallers on here. Turkey invasion wrong and will get dealt with by UN.

There is no comparison at all Frang. One player is declining to have a political symbol on his jersey and the other is pretending to be a soldier on the pitch.

For footballing reasons alone, Tosun has no future at the club. He’s had no history either mind you :(.

Noting you name, so trying to be sensitive to the McLean issue, but I think they're very comparable. Both are political gestures arising from a nationalist viewpoint. McLean refused to, as he saw it, support the British army. Tosun is not pretending to be a soldier, but is supporting his own nation's army, despite their doing something that most of the world is against.

Shame he doesn’t show half the passion for Everton that he does for his horrible national team.

Hate that my money is paying his wages , sell as soon as possible

Tosun might not fit Marco's style, not having the physical skills to press or hold up too much, but I don't think I could accuse him of lacking passion in his play. From the moment he made his debut in that atrocious battering at Spurs, he has not stopped running. He can slot a goal but Silva's formation and style of play are rigidly enforced and he doesn't fit.

No hypocrisy here, I think you’re a monumental twerp if you lionise soldiers in this country too.

But millions do it....millions.

They are allowed to show support, its not illegal. You may or may not agree, but its a persons right to do so.

Now rules in football dont allow these types of celebrations so im sure they will be fined, as england was for the poppy.

Tosun needs to start. Get to the byline (Digne, Richarlison, Coleman and Sigurdsson from deep (De Bruyne position) and cross to this man's head. Tosun loves EFC (no idea why) - he could be great for us. Just play him for next 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.