2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if he's accepted his responsibility for the disaster that's unfolded this year.

“When I spoke with (Farhad Moshiri) before I came in, I told him that if you want success next year don’t look for me because I cannot bring that,” said Brands “You saw in the past in the Premier League that if you only spend money, that is not the guarantee for success. You see the clubs with the long-term strategy. They are in a stable situation. Look at Tottenham, look at Manchester City with Txiki (Begiristain). He is already there six years. It is important for Everton to get to a stable situation. We have a lot of work to do at this fantastic club.”

“When I spoke with (Farhad Moshiri) before I came in, I told him that if you want success next year don’t look for me because I cannot bring that,” said Brands “You saw in the past in the Premier League that if you only spend money, that is not the guarantee for success. You see the clubs with the long-term strategy. They are in a stable situation. Look at Tottenham, look at Manchester City with Txiki (Begiristain). He is already there six years. It is important for Everton to get to a stable situation. We have a lot of work to do at this fantastic club.”

yes but 'stable' meaning actually in the premier league ..

its very much important that the right players are signed so that we can maintain our place in the prmeir league.

he has signed us a load of championship players

Needs to be making a shortlist of managers he wants to work with so when Sliva goes in a few weeks were not desperately consorting with the likes of alladyce.

He's covered himself of course he would. When did he quote this was it before last summers recruitment?

He's covered himself of course he would. When did he quote this was it before last summers recruitment?

As soon as he took the job, I suppose it all depends if you thought he was going to fix the whole squad in 3 windows.

I always though it would take 6 PERFECT transfer windows and no team has ever had a perfect transfer window, so realistically it was always going to take much longer.

This was never going to be a quick fix.

As soon as he took the job, I suppose it all depends if you thought he was going to fix the whole squad in 3 windows.

I always though it would take 6 PERFECT transfer windows and no team has ever had a perfect transfer window, so realistically it was always going to take much longer.

Another 2 windows before we can even think about top 6 imo. Perfect windows at that

Yes I doubt david Copperfield could fix our squad in 3 windows I get that completely l. I agree with you we are least 5 years behind in 'project' terms.

For me though our last recruitment drive was far too much of a gamble. When really we needed quality and experience across the board. I feel we have come out weaker after the window and still the same problems remain that have done pre Brands. Arguably a couple more.

For that reason Brands has to be held accountable, I'm not a Silva fan either but a large portion of blame is on Brands this year.

He can't fix injured players and he can't the correct changes that Silva should be making. I also get that pointing fingers everywhere doesn't help. But none of this will improve if nobody is held accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.