2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess some posters didn't check the previous pages where I tried to explain bits of intention there. I just don't wanna post more on this thread because I try not to be seen as a Tosun-focused GOTer here (cause I am not, my Turkish background doesn't stop me loving the club, and I intend to stay and post here after his departure)

tbh he wasn't celebrating "killing Kurds" mate, rather was whole squad emotional/upset because 4 Turkish soldiers 8 civilians were dead near the border, so it was more like sending respect

I defo understand but this related to Turkish culture which you are -naturally- not familiar with. Turks are being brought in a weird way. I remember doing the exact salute when I was 5-6 years old if I see a police in the street, and my parents were smiling every time I do, here parents teach it as it is a symbol of "togetherness"; you can't find a kid who didn't do it once in his life

I totaly understand it looking odd for the outside perspective and I am not fan of militaristic upbringing in the country (well Ottoman past and stuff) but it doesn't have anything to do with "I am a soldier too, and kudos for killing Kurds" message

Don't wanna be a Erdogan mouthpiece (have never voted for him and never will) but it is not as simple. You have heard civilians died in Turkish side of the border, how so then? YPG firing missiles regularly from the Syrian side, sure Turkish government should also not choose to attack full force rather use the diplomatic channels but we have two idiot leaders like Trump and Erdogan, so it has come to this unfortunately. A bit Israel-like this one, on Palestinian soil. Which I support neither.

Anyway, Cenk didn't order the offensive and don't think he has any fanatical views particularly, and salute thing was as I explained, let's focus his football

Last edited by a moderator:

Guess some posters didn't check the previous pages where I tried to explain bits of intention there. I just don't wanna post more on this thread because I try not to be seen as a Tosun-focused GOTer here (cause I am not, my Turkish background doesn't stop me loving the club, and I intend to stay and post here after his departure)

I think you've made some very well reasoned posts and they've added to the discussion and my own understanding of the Turkish perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.