2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calhanoglu (AC Milan)
Demiral (Juventus FC)
Soyuncu (Leicester)
Yazici (Lille)

Some players who also have done what he did on Friday. We may be the only fanbase who is wasting time on such a no-event. Even if he receives some kind of fine it will only reflect on his NT duties. But it is certainly not the first time, Shaqiri of RS done the same, Albanian expansionist salute, (and that is while he was playing for Switzerland, not even Albania) against Serbia during last World Cup after he scored, everybody was talking about it, FIFA started investigation et cetera, nothing really happend.
Didn't even realise he'd done a salute, I just meant because he sprays his own hair on and runs as if he can't feel his feet. Embarrassment to the club.

Perhaps you missed the news when England players had a problem in wearing the Poppy emblem on their shirts. The policy isn't new either.
I did, and I'm not well-versed on this, clearly. In the States there's nothing like this; they just blackball the player (Kaepernick) and turn it into a Trump talking point.

Whilst I despised the Turkish government with every atom of my body I'm not totally comfortable slating a civilian for supporting his own military.

Whilst I despised the Turkish government with every atom of my body I'm not totally comfortable slating a civilian for supporting his own military.

Trying not to let my own views of Turkey's actions color it - international football can so easily tip over into violence, all of that needs to be kept off the pitch. If I were running the club there would be a consequence for Tosun. I don't know what his contract says about suspensions, fines, release etc. but I would not do nothing.

Take his locker off him.
1-Recessed-Locker-Tall-Rifle-and-Pistols-Prop.jpg

Trying not to let my own views of Turkey's actions color it - international football can so easily tip over into violence, all of that needs to be kept off the pitch. If I were running the club there would be a consequence for Tosun. I don't know what his contract says about suspensions, fines, release etc. but I would not do nothing.

They're better off letting FIFA/UEFA handle it. Doing anything further just drags EFC's name into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.