2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that the line that was supposedly leaked via Myers is accurate. They keep faith with him, but will reassess if there's not an upturn in form in the next few matches.

If that happens then, given the fixture list to come, it will be a legitimate time to hit the panic button and look at who can come in to preserve the Premier League status on which all else depends.

That panic button doesn't come without a cost, as can be seen from the Allardyce period. So my preference is it's not pushed until absolutely necessary.

I don't know where our next win comes from, We're playing terrible all over the place and with the manager refusing to change it it's looking grim considering we're in the relegation places and December fixtures are all top 6 teams and Leicester. It's a ballsy move to for the board to stick with him.

I don't know where our next win comes from, We're playing terrible all over the place and with the manager refusing to change it it's looking grim considering we're in the relegation places and December fixtures are all top 6 teams and Leicester. It's a ballsy move to for the board to stick with him.

I think it's the right move though even if not without risk, almost like having a problem with your car on the motorway. Do you pull over immediately and pay through the nose for a breakdown truck or can you nurse it along to the next services where your mechanic mate can come along and maybe sort it all out? Both options carry risk.

Ditch him now and there's a limited choice of replacements and you may wind up with Big Sam version two. That's another pay off come summer maybe more players signed in January to fit a plan that won't work long term.

Suppose a lot depends on what you think can be achieved this season with this squad. Would a n other have us near the top four, or are we already in damage limitation mode? There aren't any clear relegation sides with the possible exception of Watford...

Not that i want this like.

Just wait till we go behind early on agst West Ham , considering the track record of we cant turn things round.

Goodison aint gonna be a nice place to be .

I hope that the line that was supposedly leaked via Myers is accurate. They keep faith with him, but will reassess if there's not an upturn in form in the next few matches.

If that happens then, given the fixture list to come, it will be a legitimate time to hit the panic button and look at who can come in to preserve the Premier League status on which all else depends.

That panic button doesn't come without a cost, as can be seen from the Allardyce period. So my preference is it's not pushed until absolutely necessary.

L
O
L

Imagine being 17 points behind the RS after just 8 games played, you couldn’t make it up. If they didn’t play again until Xmas I doubt we’d have caught up with them.

The Everton board are not interested in competing with Liverpool or anyone else. They see fan expectation as an annoyance and seem to only prioritise staying in the league and picking up charitable awards.

I just don't see the point in sacking him just yet. I think the injuries to Gbamin and Gomes have a major impact. That said, he needs to start looking at changing the formation as it just isn't working. I think if everyone was fit we would be playing Silva's preferred 4.3.3 but because of injuries he is being forced to play this current formation.

I've read bits on here about who's at fault and I think blame is across the board. But, at the same time, a couple of wins and you climb the table very quickly.

I think that Brand's hands were tied this summer as he had to move dead weight before bringing people in. Although, this idea that we didn't replace Gueye is completely false. We brought in Gbamin as his replacement.

I just don't see the point in sacking him just yet. I think the injuries to Gbamin and Gomes have a major impact. That said, he needs to start looking at changing the formation as it just isn't working. I think if everyone was fit we would be playing Silva's preferred 4.3.3 but because of injuries he is being forced to play this current formation.

I've read bits on here about who's at fault and I think blame is across the board. But, at the same time, a couple of wins and you climb the table very quickly.

I think that Brand's hands were tied this summer as he had to move dead weight before bringing people in. Although, this idea that we didn't replace Gueye is completely false. We brought in Gbamin as his replacement.
I've seen this said multiple times and it's absolute nonsense excuse tbh, If that's the formation he wants to play which he said he does why is he not playing it regardless? It's not like 4-2-3-1 benefits anyone apart from Gylfi and we're reaping the rewards from it. We can all blame injuries for having a poor start but so do every other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.