2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a word I learned last week ,well it seems I didn't as I cannot remember it now ! Essentially it means offering a different argument to answer the point that was made .No one said they weren't as bad or even worse ,the point was the way we as a nation carry on .Going by the above post explaining the Turks use of a salute then I feel even more strongly that he is on here at least by some not being given a fair crack of the whip.
I agree with all you say about about Cenk. Were we differ is this constantly being ashamed or disgusted about what Britain did many years ago. Just gets on my nerves. Should the Italians be ashamed for what the Roman did to.people years ago. Should all.muslims and Christians being ashamed for what was done in the name of Christ or Mohammed. Should all Africans be ashamed for their role in rounding up and selling off other Africans in the slave trade.
Heavy stuff now

I agree with all you say about about Cenk. Were we differ is this constantly being ashamed or disgusted about what Britain did many years ago. Just gets on my nerves. Should the Italians be ashamed for what the Roman did to.people years ago. Should all.muslims and Christians being ashamed for what was done in the name of Christ or Mohammed. Should all Africans be ashamed for their role in rounding up and selling off other Africans in the slave trade.
Heavy stuff now

Make Norway pay reperations for Viking attacks on Britain

I cannot understand this attitude toward Cenk , many years ago "we " fought a war with Argentina over islands lying next to Argentina about 10,000 miles away and somewhere I would guess not one of us will ever see .Yet we all rallied around doing what we like to do, spitting all kinds of bile out at anyone who even looked like an Argentine .That was fine because the Falklands was British ,well personally I am ashamed that we have raped and pillaged the world over and believe that it is our right ,yet we can't stand anyone else who is patriotic . We should hang our heads in shame for the things we have as a nation not to our neighbours but to peoples on the other side of the world.At least rightly or wrongly it is his war against a threat from one of his neighbours . the comment on celebrating death is a bit idiotic if it is a conflict is it not?
Protecting legally sovereign territory and invading another recognised state to ethnically cleanse a group they (and only they) deem as terrorists are very very different. Awful comparison. Recommend a bit of reading before spouting nonsense like that.

Protecting legally sovereign territory and invading another recognised state to ethnically cleanse a group they (and only they) deem as terrorists are very very different. Awful comparison. Recommend a bit of reading before spouting nonsense like that.
Well I didn't go too deep because I deemed it unnecessary ,I concede it was a bad example but the point remains .History is littered with similar occurrences although I don't for one minute condone any of them .Calling out one of the soldiers won't bother the generals ,will it ? My argument was the posts on here are unfair to a player of ours ,I will stick my neck out and say he has has nothing to do with the conflict and there rests my point .On the sovereign legal territory -it seems only half the parties involved see it that way ,quite typical of the British attitude if you don't mind me saying .Britannia rules the waves and all that chaps ,eh jolly ho .

Heavy stuff now
I see the point you are trying to make but the difference here is 2000 years or so have past .If your argument were to hold water ,when is the end of responsibility if they cannot be held responsible . My comparison was within a couple of generations not two thousand years ,I think whilst there are people alive that have been involved then it is considered recent .

Don't wanna be a Erdogan mouthpiece (have never voted for him and never will) but it is not as simple. You have heard civilians died in Turkish side of the border, how so then? YPG firing missiles regularly from the Syrian side, sure Turkish government should also not choose to attack full force rather use the diplomatic channels but we have two idiot leaders like Trump and Erdogan, so it has come to this unfortunately. A bit Israel-like this one, on Palestinian soil. Which I support neither.

Anyway, Cenk didn't order the offensive and don't think he has any fanatical views particularly, and salute thing was as I explained, let's focus his football

Well I didn't go too deep because I deemed it unnecessary ,I concede it was a bad example but the point remains .History is littered with similar occurrences although I don't for one minute condone any of them .Calling out one of the soldiers won't bother the generals ,will it ? My argument was the posts on here are unfair to a player of ours ,I will stick my neck out and say he has has nothing to do with the conflict and there rests my point .On the sovereign legal territory -it seems only half the parties involved see it that way ,quite typical of the British attitude if you don't mind me saying .Britannia rules the waves and all that chaps ,eh jolly ho .
Without boring everyone and veering wildly off topic, the FI was recognised in international law as being under British sovereignty and, perhaps more importantly, by its residents. Argentina utilised it and to some extent, continue to do so, as a nationalist rallying cry to distract from internal corruption and a poorly performing economy. That aside perhaps a modicum of respect should be considered to the memories and families of the young men who died protecting the freedom of the residents of those islands. If nothing else such freedoms afford you the right to express your disdain for the governments actions...something which would be frowned upon under the erdogan regime you seemingly afford sympathy for. On topic... he’s slow, the wrong age and not, in my opinion, Everton standard. We have two athletic young lads with very different attributes in Dom and Kean. If we are going to give any duo a run it should be those two. Have to be an athlete first in this league unless you’re exceptionally gifted. Tosun is neither.

Don't wanna be a Erdogan mouthpiece (have never voted for him and never will) but it is not as simple. You have heard civilians died in Turkish side of the border, how so then? YPG firing missiles regularly from the Syrian side, sure Turkish government should also not choose to attack full force rather use the diplomatic channels but we have two idiot leaders like Trump and Erdogan, so it has come to this unfortunately. A bit Israel-like this one, on Palestinian soil. Which I support neither.

Anyway, Cenk didn't order the offensive and don't think he has any fanatical views particularly, and salute thing was as I explained, let's focus his football
I’m sure you are more versed in the subject than any of us. My point was simply that using the FI as a comparison was wildly off the mark. Politics aside, I don’t think cenk is the answer to our problems at this moment in time. Would happily be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.