2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenwright's integrity is nothing to do with Blue Union's integrity. I wasn't claiming they worked for him, I'm arguing, in normal journalistic practice, stating something is off the record and unattributable then reneging on that to reap the benefit of the subjects candour is an absolute c***s trick. Even on the tabloids you'd be getting your marching orders for that. The subject has no way of proving (via tape or transcript) that they didn't say anything that is alleged.

Even if you think Bill Kenwright has no integrity, shouldn't Blue Union have aspired to be better than that level?
I understood what you meant, they got him to talk straight, for once, and it worked, otherwise he would have just come out with his usual gobbley dook, pure nonsense. You’re a journalist ( I presume) so you have to live by their code, they didn’t, they were genuine fans asking genuine questions and trying to get genuine answers. By the way, journalists never misquote anyone, do they!!!

Not really but thats not what I am saying, I am saying that these fan groups do not represent me yet they act like they represent all fans, they simply don't.
Papa, I don’t think they intended to give that impression, they were genuinely trying to get something done to help the club, there was nothing in it for them, only if they succeeded Everton FC, more than likely could have finished in a better position than they were.

Wasn't it Christopher Samuelson, a life long Spurs fan, who bill louded as a blue until a fan at an AGM asked him who scored 2 goals in the 66 Cup final?

Didn't Bill keep saying the money is on its way blah blah and it never did make its way?
That name rings a bell as that story does,someone outed the fella as an extra who once worked on Coronation Street,not sure if that was true, but knowing, our still present Chairman, after all this time, I wouldn’t put it past him either!!

I understood what you meant, they got him to talk straight, for once, and it worked, otherwise he would have just come out with his usual gobbley dook, pure nonsense. You’re a journalist ( I presume) so you have to live by their code, they didn’t, they were genuine fans asking genuine questions and trying to get genuine answers. By the way, journalists never misquote anyone, do they!!!

Not if they're any good.

Papa, I don’t think they intended to give that impression, they were genuinely trying to get something done to help the club, there was nothing in it for them, only if they succeeded Everton FC, more than likely could have finished in a better position than they were.

It wasn't realistic though. What did they want exactly? Better players and stuff? What did they suggest to get us better players? Just sell the club to someone, anyone. Not much of a business plan.

Some of the figureheads were particularly odious too (not all obviously). Its like they started to believe their own hype.

Personally I think people could have done with taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture. Every fan wants a better team and to win stuff but not everyone can, we didn't go to the wall, plummet down the divisions (or even beyond mid table of the top division of the "best" league in the world.) and had an awful lot of stuff to be proud of as supporters of our club away from the pitch.

I found baking cakes and dressing as clowns because we were coming 6th and 7th to be utterly weird especially compared to what was going on at other clubs but maybe that's just me.

It wasn't realistic though. What did they want exactly? Better players and stuff? What did they suggest to get us better players? Just sell the club to someone, anyone. Not much of a business plan.

Some of the figureheads were particularly odious too (not all obviously). Its like they started to believe their own hype.

Personally I think people could have done with taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture. Every fan wants a better team and to win stuff but not everyone can, we didn't go to the wall, plummet down the divisions (or even beyond mid table of the top division of the "best" league in the world.) and had an awful lot of stuff to be proud of as supporters of our club away from the pitch.

I found baking cakes and dressing as clowns because we were coming 6th and 7th to be utterly weird especially compared to what was going on at other clubs but maybe that's just me.
Papa, I think in reality we were just standing still with no real prospects of reaching the other clubs at the top, never mind winning anything. Even when we reached the qualifying stages of The Champions league there was no effort made to sign anyone special to take us further, Pistone was let go and then resigned in the close season, Pistone!!!.

But those days are in the distant past, Mihiri has been here three years, some think he has been a failure, let’s see how things pan out with him. He is here to make Everton a success so he can make a large profit, I hope he makes a good success of it. Everton never won anything with Kenwright as Chairman over a pretty long period, hopefully Moshiri will do a lot better if gets a few more years to do it in.

Don't like the fella personally.

I mean he didn't remortgage his house to save us, he lied repeatedly. Couldn't raise the £30m for Kings Dock, so nearly gave us Kirkby.

He has overseen the largest trophyless era in our clubs 141-year history, and i believe spread the "content" era in our club amongst the fanbase. Now it's okay for "little old Everton" to just be "there or thereabouts". We've lost the hunger and fight, but it's okay cause we're the peoples club.

I appreciate he helped us, but aside from a cracking season, and some good fortune in Cahill and Arteta being revelations and costing £4m, we'd probably be Sunderland-esque now.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but mine is Bill is holding us back, and we won't ever be anything as long as he's around.

I mean he didn't remortgage his house to save us, he lied repeatedly. Couldn't raise the £30m for Kings Dock, so nearly gave us Kirkby.

He has overseen the largest trophyless era in our clubs 141-year history, and i believe spread the "content" era in our club amongst the fanbase. Now it's okay for "little old Everton" to just be "there or thereabouts". We've lost the hunger and fight, but it's okay cause we're the peoples club.

I appreciate he helped us, but aside from a cracking season, and some good fortune in Cahill and Arteta being revelations and costing £4m, we'd probably be Sunderland-esque now.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but mine is Bill is holding us back, and we won't ever be anything as long as he's around.

I couldn’t agree with this more ...bill crying in Ferguson’s office to his mum after flogging our Crown Jewels for buttons is everything an Everton chairman should never be,also never won at anfield with Kenwright in charge is laughable ,guys legacy will be lies,trying to uproot us to Kirby and zero trophies ,and 7th heaven DVD’s,whoever came up with that deserved locking up in at ruperts tower permanently

You know he's only hanging around to get a stand in Bramley Moore named after him, he wants to be aligned with the club with the likes of John Moore's, Phillip Carter and Howard Kendall

Status
Not open for further replies.