2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utterly absurd take on the glimpses we've seen of Kean so far. Yeah you're right, the teenager who was banging in goals for Juve and the Italy national team was a fluke

I feel as though I've said variations on this a dozen times already but he's been used completely wrong so far, and they certainly don't deploy tactics to involve him. For the 20 minutes he's lucky to get each game in a desperation sub.

You could slot the best strikers in the world as our 9 and they would not score. But yeah, disregard the tactics/manager comments as they don't fit your opinion. You're free to do so but don't expect anyone to take you seriously.
Banging in goals??? He started 3 games for juve the season before he came. He scored 7 in 19 appearances in two seasons. Christ knows what you’d say about someone who was prolific. Juventus sold him mate and no one else came in for him. Arsenal apparently....but he didn’t join them because he wanted to play. Oh the irony.
As I said, I’m not jumping on his back at all. He needs time. I’m just giving some harsh truths about the guy we were all raving about and stroking Brands for when none of us had seen him play. He’s 19 yes, but “top prospects in Europe” are making an impact at 19. This guys done nothing

Banging in goals??? He started 3 games for juve the season before he came. He scored 7 in 19 appearances in two seasons. Christ knows what you’d say about someone who was prolific. Juventus sold him mate and no one else came in for him. Arsenal apparently....but he didn’t join them because he wanted to play. Oh the irony.
As I said, I’m not jumping on his back at all. He needs time. I’m just giving some harsh truths about the guy we were all raving about and stroking Brands for when none of us had seen him play. He’s 19 yes, but “top prospects in Europe” are making an impact at 19. This guys done nothing

Expecting anything else from him at the moment is mad. Any striker would struggle with how this team is playing.

Would agree with most.

"He's done nothing"..

Our whole team has done nothing mate. Got one or two who are genuinely giving it their all and are doing okay but can't call out one guy for doing nothing when it's the majority.

I have faith that if we can pick our form up, play with some confidence he will get some chances, but ultimately we have nothing in midfield to create chances. Eveything is in the air, nothing created from open play barring a lucky bounce.

Cool. You have an opinion

I think that the best option would be to ease him in as a winger, although I'm starting to suspect that his time here is going to be short.

He scored 6 in 13 apps for Juve. All at the end of the campaign and mostly as a starter. He scored 2 in 2 caps for Italy. You can call it a "harsh truth" if you'd like, but at least be accurate. I watched those Juve matches and the eye test was good. You didn't think so when you watched them as well?

I think that the best option would be to ease him in as a winger, although I'm starting to suspect that his time here is going to be short.

Yeah I think him and Richarlison could do with switching at the moment. Kean out wide and Richarlison through the middle. Would take the pressure off him a little and hopefully give him more space to get in behind.

Expecting anything else from him at the moment is mad. Any striker would struggle with how this team is playing.
Not saying this to knock Kean at all, but they wouldn't. We were useless for most of Lukaku's time here but he still scored a lot. There are plenty of examples of worse teams than us with strikers who score loads.

Yeah I think him and Richarlison could do with switching at the moment. Kean out wide and Richarlison through the middle. Would take the pressure off him a little and hopefully give him more space to get in behind.
I'm not usually a fan of Richarlison playing centrally, but options are very limited and at least he has some experience there.

I'd look at using a back three/five, which would at least allow the forwards to play closer to one another. If Silva carries on with a flat four in defence, he's going to have to either drop Sigurdsson or start looking for a new job.

This.
Its during breaks like this that Silva and the team need to start figuring out the offensive side of the ball, especially intergrating the new comers like Kean and Iwobi into the system he is trying to implement. If we come out of this break looking as toothless then serious questions need to be asked.....

Not saying this to knock Kean at all, but they wouldn't. We were useless for most of Lukaku's time here but he still scored a lot. There are plenty of examples of worse teams than us with strikers who score loads.
I'm sure there are, but can you name one? Please make sure the example is a teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.