January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it’s difficult. Intensity is higher than other leagues, get away with harder challenges in the PL it’s been said, no winter break etc. on top of the language barrier for lots. English is meant to be one of the hardest languages to learn too.
go read the Kean thread. I didn't see one single mention that the poor kid can't speak the language at all!

hell, neither can Silva for that matter

I’d take every single one of them ... even the ones I have never heard of or seen play
Some decent defenders on a free. As 3rd choice next season behind Mina+new. I’d flog Keane & holgate. And go for Bailly or Savic.
And Meunier for the Right Back spot.

Edit:- I meant as a 3rd option of another quality experienced CB. Not saying for one second Bailly & Savic would come to sit on our benchlollol

I would have guessed that Zouma will be back in January, but I'm not sure now that Silva looks likely to be gone by then.

I could easily see them both here at the end of the January window.
I think it depends on next Saturday. If Silva loses that one, it'll be difficult for him to continue.

Obviously, none of us know exactly what Moshiri's mindset is in terms of targets and ambition, but I reckon that a lot can be inferred from his 'expected defeat' comment around the time of Koeman's sacking.

How much will the club be able to spend in January?Presumably FFP is going to be a constraint.
Can someone explain to me how FFP works? I legit have no idea. I see lots of "we spent X" that doesn't take into consideration what we sold. Take this past window, we only spent a net of maybe £25m. So when pundits (and supporters) say we spent ~£125m it's disingenuous at best because we sold almost £100m.

Status
Not open for further replies.