How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
competent being the operative word here

:zzz::zzz::zzz:with the zonal marking silliness. half the best teams in the world deploy zonal marking with great success. of course we simply don't have the players to quite pull it off

by the same token, quite a few teams have regressed (ManUre, Arsenal (IMO), certainly Spurs). In fact if they were still very good, then few if any of the teams you've inferred wouldn't appear to have improved at all
Can you explain your reply. I reckoned zonal marking has to go as a tactic. You replied that it works for half the best teams in the world but we dont have the players to pull it off. Arent you saying the same thing then!!

Can you explain your reply. I reckoned zonal marking has to go as a tactic. You replied that it works for half the best teams in the world but we dont have the players to pull it off. Arent you saying the same thing then!!
I'd say we're pretty close to the same page. it just infuriates me when it's pointed to constantly as the problem (though I do admit it's been a problem for Silva, period, regardless of where he's been). like, all we have to do is know when to switch from your zone to man, which we don't. I can't fathom that our players can't do that on their own, so I blame them moreso than I do Silva (esp. if the alleged rumor that it was his departed right-hand man who was responsible for that)

I don’t think it’s a case of us not having the players. I’d say it’s the physical & mental conditioning that’s lacking. That same squad showed in that spell at the end of last season that they can compete with the top sides. This season they’re back to the level of the the bulk of last season.

I don’t think it’s a case of us not having the players. I’d say it’s the physical & mental conditioning that’s lacking. That same squad showed in that spell at the end of last season that they can compete with the top sides. This season they’re back to the level of the the bulk of last season.
do you think not having Zouma has anything to do with it? serious question, no snark

We’ve missed his pace at the back, but in terms of zonal marking, no.

There’s just no aggression. No desire / will to win. We look 2nd best in terms of fitness.
that's for dang sure. why is no one stepping up to lead on the pitch? how they let opponents consistently drift into the rear post unmarked is absolutely mind-boggling

That’s why Silva needs to go. He should have gone long ago.
I consider myself a realist without a hardline opinion one way or another if Silva should stay, or go. so many variables. the drum I've been beating is that Silva fails for ME for 3 reasons: 1) utter stubbornness about sticking with 4-2-3-1 (no Gana? switch it up), 2) ridiculously rigid (loyal?) starting sides with players that are absolutely holding us back (Gylfi, Morgan, Coleman, and 3) just terribly predictive and not proactive sub decisions

if he can't get his head out of his ass and make some of these changes, I'll quickly jump over to the Silva out crowd

He fails because he is easily the worst manager we have had since Mike Walker.

Martinez and Koeman will hardly get mentioned in 10-15-20-25 years time, but this fella will still see laughter and then a shaking of the head whenever his name is mentioned.

He fails because he is easily the worst manager we have had since Mike Walker.

Martinez and Koeman will hardly get mentioned in 10-15-20-25 years time, but this fella will still see laughter and then a shaking of the head whenever his name is mentioned.
you mind letting me know the next 10 CL winners so I can get rich?

since you can see the future and all

I can't see why he still has a job because the team has lost all its fight and desire and play mind numbing dreadful slow football.
West ham has to be his last chance to show us that we can produce a quality performance but even now i feel its 2 late for him.

We had 2 weeks to make the change & prepare for west ham.

Now it’s only one..

Just who is in charge of this decision? Is it Brands? Moshiri? Billy Liar?

The structure of the club isn’t even clear. It’s a rudderless ship.
according to @MarcelsGoat this is soley on Brands.. this is what he was hired to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.