2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 goals in 8 games.

Summer signing Striker left on the bench.

"shattered defensive core"

giphy.gif
"Striker" - is that what you call him. He's like Barndoor Barlow.

My view is it will take quite some time, possibly six transfer windows, before we see a team capable in breaking into the top four. Buying quickly risks buying poor players. I rather we take our time and select the right players. For this reason I won't attack Brands or Silva.
Six transfer windows? Considering that Brads has spent £230M so far, tI expect more progress than the relegation zone.

He's taking us backwards.

Absolute joke of a response.
The article on sortinglife.com summed it up mate.
Man Utd's position is almost acceptable due to their appalling squad , Evertons is not !
Who is to blame them ?
Not your normal "carpetbagging" BS , or the DoF. The real culprit !l
There's a lot of food that goes into making a turd.

Think hes been a bit unlucky with gbamin picking up such a bad injury so early. Gomes has been out too. Mina has been good at centre back to be fair, hes been the pick of the bunch defensively at the back so not sure we are missing zouma all that much in terms of starting 11. If we pick up an injury there tho we are screwed, but I dont think silva can have too much to complain about there seeing as hes not been forced to play holgate anyway. Gueye agree with but again hes been unlucky with gbamin and gomes.

Not defending him by any means, we should have picked up more points even with the injuries, it's more the performances that hurt. His stubbornness to not adapt and change is beyond a joke, still zonal despite literally giving goals away from set prices for 14 months. Inexcusable really. Opposition team talks must be an absolute doddle, put the ball in the box at any set piece, overload the back post. Chance.

Hes made a rod for his own back so only has himself to blame imo for the position he finds himself. Like you not arsed if he goes, majorly disappointed this season as we should be doing a lot better, not being entitled in saying that. Look at our squad on paper, opening fixtures, a realistic expectation would be to be matching Leicester. Theres now huge risk in having yet another reset at the club with a new manager coming in. Seems like a matter of when not if now, and we absolutely have to get this appointment right. Having brands there should allow some continuity and prevent a u-turn on direction with playing style as we saw under big sam. We are trying to play the right way, high press, possession based but completely lacking in application, we know the players can do it as we saw last season, silva just isnt getting it to happen and he looks out of ideas and influence to me.
His attitude even before the window ended: he looked resigned to an uphill struggle: talking up the losses. It's hard to support that.

But just on Leicester: look at their acquisitions and look at ours. They bought well; they bought players to fill particular roles and blend. Brands should hold his head in shame.

There's a lot of food that goes into making a turd.

How about answering the point mate.
You seem a little contrived in your responses when your irrational responses in defending Martinez and Silva are challenged.
Please don't think I am being ignorant in not responding , as just going to work , sadly.

With respect thats utter bollox mate.

If people think we need Gana Gueye to beat the mighty Sheff Utd at home, well then.

You've missed the point, or I've worded it badly.

As I said, it's not the player. It's the tactics and system.

He's using a system which only worked at the end of last season because there were two particular types of player in it. Basically trying to play exactly the same way without two key cogs.

Yeh, I doubt Gana would have helped us break down Sheff Utd as such, though why try and play exactly the same without him there? At least, if you're gonna do that, throw in Davies instead of Schneiderlin to at least inject 'something' into the midfield.

I don't think missing Gana or Zouma are the key factors. But playing a system which only worked (and it didn't work perfectly) because it had 11 square pegs in square holes now that they're not here is pointless.

Throw in the crap tactics of just crossing it in and then everything else on top then it all adds up.

Very wise. Though I think the recruitment end of things could have been better, less about the players bought and more about squad balance.

But I’m trying hard to be as wise as you! Hard going.

It is incredibly hard going.

Six transfer windows? Considering that Brads has spent £230M so far, tI expect more progress than the relegation zone.

He's taking us backwards.

It will take time. Just look at Klopp. His team was assembled over a three year period.

Arsenal bought Pepe for £72m. He looked good on paper but hasn't performed to expectations. Therefore spending a lot of money doesn't guarantee performance.

The thing about Everton is there's no spine within the team. That's a serious issue and Silva knows it too well.

Saturday was like watching the worst of Martinez but without Lukaku to save us.
We were slow and predictable with little inventiveness and no threat.

As I mentioned in another thread the DOF is responsible for us not having a recognisable striker, but the style of play and tactics are all down to Silva.

Saturday was like watching the worst of Martinez but without Lukaku to save us.
We were slow and predictable with little inventiveness and no threat.

As I mentioned in another thread the DOF is responsible for us not having a recognisable striker, but the style of play and tactics are all down to Silva.
if we can attract the right manager , then BOTH of these utter frauds will have to go.

or Brands picks his man and has another go at it, as silva wasn't his pick

either way it needs doing in the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.