New Everton Stadium Discussion

We listened to Frangs request to remove all the exits so there was just a few and this increased the capacity to 500000

ive been looking at stadiums on the tv the last few weeks , and can seriously tell you the ones in those draughts are way over the top HUGE ???

why ??

ive been looking at stadiums on the tv the last few weeks , and can seriously tell you the ones in those draughts are way over the top HUGE ???

why ??

I think we have fatter fans Frank, ive noticed a fair few chunks sitting in the main stand when I've been in the top Balcony.

I reckon that's why we need massive exits mate.

Apparently the new Stand at anfield has been built over an old railway tunnel & will have to be taken down as its far to heavy the council are keeping this quiet in case they have to close the ground & ruin their current home form

No smoke without fire !!

you don't think that a stadium weighing thousands of tonnes along with the 50,0000 people in it, will not require a more sophisticated foundations than a sewage planty ??

ok

They’ll have had a decent idea what’s below from the kings doc foundations a mile or two away.

I’m sure if they could build a massive brick building like the tobacco warehouse next door they’ll be able to build a stadium.

They’ll have had a decent idea what’s below from the kings doc foundations a mile or two away.

I’m sure if they could build a massive brick building like the tobacco warehouse next door they’ll be able to build a stadium.

Would steel structures + 50,000 + people not weigh far more than brick structures + storage of tobacco?

I’m not sure.

Heres your stadium news.

View attachment 68230

The ground conditions have been known for many, many years. It'd be great to know how 40-60 foot of silt has found itself settling in a 10m deep dock with very little in the way of current. Regardless of all that, they arent going to drop PP on a desk after spending millions on a design, then check the ground. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that this is the situation.

Also, Meis blaming the club, the club blaming Meis.... neither are the civil or structural engineer so would hardly be liable for these checks anyway.

Honestly baffles me how people believe this stuff. Never forget that people would rather we never built this.....

The piles can go very deep in creating a rock socket and distribute the weight. There are different types of piles, such as bearing, friction, sheet, and diaphragm walls etc.

The site would have already had Geotechnical site investigations (I was involved in this part for Wellington Dock) and testing in labs to see how strong the rock was, what pressures the they fail at etc. Any issues with the site would have been highlighted then.

Both Sandon and Wellington Dock were backfilled with sand from Liverpool Bay as was Liverpool 2 terminal. Sand is good material for building structures on as it is good for drainage, stabilisation and can be compacted well.

When contained like...... by, say dock walls....

so whats the problem we are having then ??/

I take it wellington dock hasn't got unsteady ground beneath it like bramley-moore ?

The ground at Bramley Moore will be more steady that that at Wellington, if there is any difference at all. The tunnels were bored through the most solid parts of the Mersey Estuary available, for obvious reasons and, BM is closer to it.

Apparently the new Stand at anfield has been built over an old railway tunnel & will have to be taken down as its far to heavy the council are keeping this quiet in case they have to close the ground & ruin their current home form

No smoke without fire !!

In all seriousness, they have found lots and lots of issues with the build and its costing them a small fortune to put it right.

EGTvY1SX0AAZhMa.jpeg