2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have played him up through the middle.

But it hasn't worked because we play a stupid system of getting it wide and lumping crosses in.

He isn't a striker who thrives off that. He's not brilliant in the air.

He wants to run in behind.

He's never, ever, played in a lone striker role. Even at Verona he played in a 2 or wide in a 3. Juve play a 3, Italy play a 3.

We play a 4-2-------2------1-----------------xxxxxxxx--------1

I actually would go...

Richarlison Iwobi Kean
DCL
But it wont work anyway because of the CM behind them...

That, Zatara, was the attack I wanted for the Burnley game.I read somewhere that Kean played best at Juve when coming in off the wing.

However that really is Richarlison's game too and until we have two full backs who can attack and centre
then it aint going to happen.

Its clear to me that unless Digne is playing well then we have no creative play. And yesterday he was poor.

That, Zatara, was the attack I wanted for the Burnley game.I read somewhere that Kean played best at Juve when coming in off the wing.

However that really is Richarlison's game too and until we have two full backs who can attack and centre
then it aint going to happen.

Its clear to me that unless Digne is playing well then we have no creative play. And yesterday he was poor.
Digne's form has been very reliant on Bernard. You play Bernard at the expensive of Iwobi, who could play at the expense of Sigurdsson. And even that won't work because a midfield two of Gomes/Delph against West Ham is going to get battered.

The club needs a proper midfield three. Neither Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson suit that midfield three. Davies, Gomes, Delph, Gbamin all do and none of them are good at playing as a 6, meaning we end up starting Schneiderlin who for all his faults is the only proper no.6 we've got. Ends up a merry go round to nowhere. We need a proper defensive midfielder who is up to premiership standard.

Maybe that is Gbamin. Jury is out on that for now.

Yeah, it must be really hard earning thousands of pounds a week and having women throw themselves at you because you're loaded.

My guess is he's not losing much sleep.
Thing is, he could have had all that somewhere else, he could have joined Arsenal to sit on their bench, that’s all he’s doing here. The difference is, Calvert Lewin is keeping him out of the team here

Another decent player whose confidence will be ruined by our inept play

See Tosun Jelavic Klaassen Sandro
Of those four, only Jelavic ever did anything to convince me that they could be a Premier League player - the other three were just not up to it.
Don't know which category Kean falls into yet, but he definitely needs more game time to show if the hype can be justified.

Kean needs to be first choice for at least the next 6 games ahead of DCL.
What did Keen do after replacing DCL yesterday ? he was in the same position with no service when Iwobi got a breakaway in the first half he looked up to the opposition box as he was on the left side of their box - one player in there DCL - I repeat we could have the best CF in the world with our set up he would struggle .....
It's down to the manager to set a formation of a team that will create chances while you have a poor midfield, and a defence that zonal marks on corners imo its the manager who has to go ......

Status
Not open for further replies.