Homepage Update: Marco Silva's Burnley Defeat Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been travelling all day, sat in Athens airport right now, couldn’t believe it when I just logged on and saw this thread. He can’t have long left in the job, these results are getting ridiculous. No goals scored against palace, villa, sheff Utd and Burnley? Unreal.

Pretty sure he said exactly the same against villa and Sheffield.. not showing much fight and determination to put things right.

Should never, ever been appointed to manage Everton Football Club in the first place.

At least Keoman had won numerous Dutch caps and medals during his playing career so you could sort of understand why he was appointed

Martinez..well he'd just put a big shiny massive piece of silverware in the boardroom at Wigan so you could of sort of understand why he was appointed....

However, EFC is not Wigan or any small Dutch team that Keoman was associated with this is Everton Football Club and we should start acting like it.

Was talking to my dad before and we compared Silva to Catterick...

Silva at his next interview.

In all seriousness, his whole post-match response is becoming more perplexing the more I listen to it. I can get trying to show optimism and keep heads up etc.

However, that abject performance and result can not be swept under the carpet with glib remarks like 'we deserved more' and that trying to imply we dominated.

He should be upset and angry with them. What's worse is that if he actually believes the nonsense he spouted, then his expectations are atrociously low.

We did not look a threat in front of goal and we did not look dangerous from our set-pieces, bar Gylfi's free kick early on. In fact, we looked pretty bloody dire!
All this is correct.

The guy is simple.

• His English is minimal/sound-bite only
  • Tactics poor
  • Evident in never bringing us back from a losing position to a win
  • Terrible touchline manner (fiddles with tie or whatever, but silent and unable to communicate)
Goes. And soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.