2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't seem capable of seeing what is under his actual nose, Schneiderlin?Why?gives away so many needless free kicks, which when we have such a problem defending is inexcusable to keep on selecting him, yes I know Gomes has been injured but again there are options within the squad, also he plays the two defensive midfielders again against team where we do not need them, it's a wasted position within the side, if you are going to select Siguurdsonn and he is not doing the business as a No:10 and you are not inclined to change him(I know he took him off when Coleman was sent off)can you not try and change it by sticking him wide and putting Iwobi in the No:10 position, one up front yet again against poor opposition, can only really understand this against City,are they not capable of forming a partnership between DCL,Tosun or Kean?Don't even get me started on the zonal marking larks many unanswered questions.
Paragraphs please.

....from a league position perspective, the season might be already lost. Mid-table could be fine, not sure EL is beneficial whilst we’re in transition.

I’m not a Silva fan but I wouldn’t change yet either.

That's your opinion, fair enough. Although I don't understand it myself. I don't understand what we are trying to achieve by delaying this all. Transition is a meaningless throwaway word we hear every season.

Leicester were supposedly in transition and won the league...

wehave Delph, Iwobi, Gomes who can easily work has a 3. You play on the front foot rather than being a defensive worried Portuguese tit

FFS, you think that'd be a good blend for MF? Look at our defence and then tell me you think that unit can protect them and do their attacking duty.

I’ve been pretty much behind him so far, but he’s not getting a tune out of the players he’s chosen and/or who have been bought for him. That’s a decent squad at his disposal, but it’s not performing. I don’t like to knee jerk, but what is the prospect of things improving under him at this stage? I would be inclined to say goodbye, with the firm caveat that we need someone else lined up. No idea who that would be - it’s not my job - but all indications are that we need a change.

He must get till the end of the year.
Hes got one hand behind his back at mo.
Yes there's some stuff he's accountable for but he's not being helped by anyone.

No centre half cover
Not much in the forward department
Both his first choice centre midfielders missing large chunk of season
Goalie being at fault for three goals this season

I really hope we stick with him but I doubt we will.
Whilst I do agree with much of this the first point isn't valid.
He must get till the end of the year.
Hes got one hand behind his back at mo.
Yes there's some stuff he's accountable for but he's not being helped by anyone.

No centre half cover
Not much in the forward department
Both his first choice centre midfielders missing large chunk of season
Goalie being at fault for three goals this season

I really hope we stick with him but I doubt we will.
Whilst I do agree with much of this the first point isn't valid defence of MS simply because we haven't needed cover there yet - Mina and Keane have been available and Holgate, who many called for to be in the first eleven not too long back, is cover. Of course we need another, better CB but a lack of cover there can't excuse the results we've been getting - only if one of them gets injured will that come into play

Silva is exactly one game away from the amount of league games Koeman was afforded. You seem to really have it in for Koeman, but you're describing 90 minutes of EPL football less as a knee jerk reaction?
The difference between Koeman and Silva is obvious and alarming. Koeman failed because he couldn't be arsed. He spent most of his time on the golf course or rattling the back doors off some bint from the wirral.

Silva on the other hand is at Finch Farm every day working with the players and achieving the same results as Koeman. So my conclusion is that Silva is a crappier manager and coach than Koeman, therefore it's time to volley the useless lump out of our club.

FFS, you think that'd be a good blend for MF? Look at our defence and then tell me you think that unit can protect them and do their attacking duty.

the majority of goals we’re conceding are from set pieces. The other issue is that we don’t put teams on the back foot because we have NOBODY running into the pockets of space

Delph Morgs/Gomes

Gylfi

That huge gap is down to poor management

If Silva had bought this lot I'd be chasing him with a stick out of the club.
Granted and point taken however it’s his job to maximise the capability out of every one of them, his signing or not, just get the feeling he can’t do it and maybe some of them won’t do it for him?

....i’m not ‘for’ Silva, i’m just not keen on sacking him at this point unless the person Brands wants is available.

Well this is the thing.... Behind the scenes we should now be looking for a new manager... But is there any advantage to having Usworth step in as caretaker manager again?, not really...

And no point spending a fortune on another Sam Allerdyce short term manager...

Can't believe this season is going worse than last season (both with us and what Liverpool are doing)

Status
Not open for further replies.