Homepage Update: Marco Silva's Burnley Defeat Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

In all seriousness, his whole post-match response is becoming more perplexing the more I listen to it. I can get trying to show optimism and keep heads up etc.

However, that abject performance and result can not be swept under the carpet with glib remarks like 'we deserved more' and that trying to imply we dominated.

He should be upset and angry with them. What's worse is that if he actually believes the nonsense he spouted, then his expectations are atrociously low.

We did not look a threat in front of goal and we did not look dangerous from our set-pieces, bar Gylfi's free kick early on. In fact, we looked pretty bloody dire!

I have always thought that he might turn it around, but, over the last few games I have lost faith. His reaction to the game today is, for me, the final nail in his coffin. If he thinks today’s display was in any way acceptable he needs to be sacked now. I think I could have just about accepted him coming out and saying , we were woeful I apologize to the fans and the board and we are going to make sure you never witness a display like this again.

I have always thought that he might turn it around, but, over the last few games I have lost faith. His reaction to the game today is, for me, the final nail in his coffin. If he thinks today’s display was in any way acceptable he needs to be sacked now. I think I could have just about accepted him coming out and saying , we were woeful I apologize to the fans and the board and we are going to make sure you never witness a display like this again.
I couldn't agree with you more.

Sounds like martinez now seeing things that didn't happen. Like us creating goalscoring chances and deseving to win delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.