2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought he did okay in spurts. He surely didn’t do enough, but his set pieces were spot on and he did manage to make himself more available than usual today. Definitely can’t blame him for that game.

He did better yesterday. He created five chances that's decent he does need to get more involved but he made a stride in that direction. Do I think he should be playing at number ten every week no... But he has a role if he can actually step up again..

One thing summed him up as a number 10 yesterday, DCL did a lovely flick down with his head into the space behind him. City player beats him to it, if he isn't picking them knock downs up what's the point in a number 10?

I really don't get why he one of the first names on the team sheet. He is too slow and despite his technique always takes too many touches. I would have Bernard in the No. 10 position all day long.
I think this is the problem.

I saw a bit of the Leicester/Newcastle game yesterday and there is no comparison between the tempo of the game played by Leicester and by ourselves.
They are a positive team, moving the ball around quickly and constantly probing for openings.

I think we have the players who could pretty much play the same way if allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.