2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twice the player Barkley is, however I do prefer Iwobi
Ha ha. The stats definitely don’t back that up and Barkley was a kid playing for us. Not in his peak like siggurdsson.

And in his last season under koeman, he was played on the wing for a lot of that season. And was getting criticised by the manger constantly.

And he ended the season with the most chances created from open play and key passes, for players 23 and under across the big 5 European leagues. Barkley has his faults and looks like he still has them now. But I would have him all day over siggurdsson. To think we let him go for 15mil and bought this fraud for 45 make me sick.

Ha ha. The stats definitely don’t back that up and Barkley was a kid playing for us. Not in his peak like siggurdsson.

And in his last season under koeman, he was played on the wing for a lot of that season. And was getting criticised by the manger constantly.

And he ended the season with the most chances created from open play and key passes, for players 23 and under across the big 5 European leagues. Barkley has his faults and looks like he still has them now. But I would have him all day over siggurdsson. To think we let him go for 15mil and bought this fraud for 45 make me sick.

This

It also makes me sick that we could have sold Barkley for the 30m+ in the summer instead of him and his agent, pulling out of the deal of the last minute, costing us about 20m.

Sums up Everton fans to a tee:

Leon Osman:

Academy player who earned his way into the team and stayed there for over a decade. Fantastic technique off either foot with a silk look first touch, always put a huge shift in, would score headers against far taller centrebacks, could dictate games from deep, could score from behind the striker, and more often that not got tasked with creating from outwide which he did without having any pace at all. Could slalom past players like they weren’t there and linked with other players easily. Gave everything to Everton for his whole career and was central to teams who finished in the top 5 (including fourth) and and made a cup final. Probably saved Martinez’s job in his second season when he came back from injury.

Everton fans reaction: Grass, snake, powderpuff, remember the cup final though, couldn’t hit a ball (just ignore a YouTube reel better than any other Everton premier league player), weak, slow etc.

Gylfi Siggurdson:

Bought for 40 million. Has the whole team built around him because he’s completely useless in any position apart from number 10. Can’t dictate from deep, can’t play outwide, can barely perform behind the strikers. Has no pace, can’t dribble, had a really poor first touch off both feet, can’t beat a man through any means. Apart from set pieces and trying to play the odd through ball he has nothing to his game at all. Has spent the majority of his Everton career not even trying for us and has been central to teams that have achieved nothing.

Everton fans reaction: Our best player, one of Europe’s best attacking midfielders, needs x y and z around him to be on his wavelength, wouldn’t swap him for anyone in the prem in that position.

It’s a complete and utter joke how some of our fans worship at the altars of utter trash like Barry McCarthy Schneiderlin and Siggurdson. After having seen the likes of Kanchelskis Limpar Arteta Pienaar Osman dancing across the Goodison turf or watching proper aggressive midfielders like Carsley or Cahill I thought that Fellaini was a poor midfielder oddly worshipped by the fans. Even he though thrived under multiple United managers after he left us and is a league above the current incumbents.

Quite simply Gylfi Siggurdson is one of the worst midfielders in our premier league history yet is worshipped by some fans as though he is one of the best. He’s not fit to lace Leon Osman’s boots let alone get anywhere near the level Arteta or Pienaar used to be at.

Guess what lids and lidettes, he wasn’t that good at Swansea. Y’all got fooled by the stats, he was just as anonymous in their games

The Icelandic Charlie Adam, living a life from Opta Stats and YouTube clips

No mate, we were told on here countless times. Better than Ozil, Eriksen, Coutinho etc, Don’t compare him to number tens because he’s a second striker, don’t compare him to strikers though either because he’s a midfielder. He doesn’t need pace etc. wouldn’t swap him for any number ten in the league etc. one of Europe’s top attacking players etc.

Utter utter guff.

No mate, we were told on here countless times. Better than Ozil, Eriksen, Coutinho etc, Don’t compare him to number tens because he’s a second striker, don’t compare him to strikers though either because he’s a midfielder. He doesn’t need pace etc. wouldn’t swap him for any number ten in the league etc. one of Europe’s top attacking players etc.

Utter utter guff.

I’ll always enjoy the “he can’t play on the left, he’s a number 10 and needs to be central”

Then “well he’s not a number 10 that goes looking for the ball, nor does he like to run at players with the ball or even try and get involved”

So in essence we’ve spent £45m on someone to stand still

Status
Not open for further replies.