2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's even first-choice.

We needed a third CB, a quality one who could be first choice if needed.

It can't be argued we've progressed as a squad since last season.

It's about the same but, with the injuries now, it's actually like we're worse off.

It’s all about opinions of course. I don’t think Keane has the aggression or concentration or pace to be an EPL CB. I’d be surprised if he’d get back in the Burnley side. Not sure about Mina yet.

We definitely needed one 1st choice CB in & ideally 2.

Brands failed miserably on this one.

Saying Brands needs to go is incredibly knee jerk imo. Almost everyone he signed has had moments. The ones who haven't have played preciously little. I don't know that they'll all end up being good.

I mean I have doubts about Gbamin but he's young and barely played, I'm not sure Sidibe is worthwhile, Bernard is average at absolute best but there is a lot of evidence that he isn't even that, Gomes is very up and down. I'm not saying he's perfect. But he's done some good work as well.

Basically giving up on Brands like we did Walsh means we are resetting and starting over again. That's at best a 5 year process. Are we willing to start another 5 year cycle after 18 months when the DOF hasn't even had a chance to hire a manager for himself. My answer is a firm no.
There is nothing noble about being on the wrong path and continuing down that same path. Sure, Silva isnt his manager but then he should've gotten rid of him some time ago 9f he didnt like his work. He hasnt even Silva the right materials to work with and hasnt gotten rid of who doesnt fit in to his plan.

He hasnt made any signings that could even signal a genius at the helm. All he's done is do what we could've done without him. He's not shown a scouting team worth their salt. There is alot of poor decisions being made at the club and he's part of it.

Having all of this investment is nice and all but in the wrong hands its worthless. Which player has he signed that looks worth more than we paid? thats the first sign that the man making the signings isnt on the right path.

It’s all about opinions of course. I don’t think Keane has the aggression or concentration or pace to be an EPL CB. I’d be surprised if he’d get back in the Burnley side. Not sure about Mina yet.

We definitely needed one 1st choice CB in & ideally 2.

Brands failed miserably on this one.
He did, but some will find a way to blame Silva for the mediocrity those two quite clearly are.

There is nothing noble about being on the wrong path and continuing down that same path. Sure, Silva isnt his manager but then he should've gotten rid of him some time ago 9f he didnt like his work. He hasnt even Silva the right materials to work with and hasnt gotten rid of who doesnt fit in to his plan.

He hasnt made any signings that could even signal a genius at the helm. All he's done is do what we could've done without him. He's not shown a scouting team worth their salt. There is alot of poor decisions being made at the club and he's part of it.

Having all of this investment is nice and all but in the wrong hands its worthless. Which player has he signed that looks worth more than we paid? thats the first sign that the man making the signings isnt on the right path.
I'm not ready to say we are on the wrong path with Brands yet. Silva maybe. But remaking a squad takes longer.

Which player has he signed that looks more than we paid?

Last season all of them bar mina who was injured.

This season we'll see at the end of the season.

I think the only one we'll not be too impressed with is Delph who is a squad player here for a couple of seasons only.

He did, but some will find a way to blame Silva for the mediocrity those two quite clearly are.

Totally Brands fault that today.

Why does Brands keep playing 4231?
Brands hasnt built a squad able to beat Sheff Utd

Hopefully he has the grace to resign.

Not good enough, NSNO.

Its not fair expecting Silva to win games with this squad, lets get Brands out, let Silva buy the players next Summer.

Poor Marco.

Bought a lot of players to cement our position as a top ten club. He's not done anything miraculous, anyone with a decent knowledge of European football could've identified the players he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.