2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get being pessimistic after that but this is just typical of you with the over the top. Judging the players bought this summer is pointless after 2 months.

The players are better than this. We could have put Lewandowski up top and Hazard and Salah on the wings and we wouldn't have scored if they followed the tactical plan that we tried to use today.

We could have had this player and that player...we didn't get them though, we got this bang average team full of bottlers.

Are you telling me the feller who buys them is free of responsibility for them?

I'd like to hear from this feller, btw.

I know he sneakily gave his exclusive interview to a few thousand Evertonians at the end of the window and then shuffled off quick smart to avoid responsibility for the calamity, but he should - if he had any sense of propriety at all - get himself in front of an interviewr and tell us WTF the plan is here at this club.

Sigh.

His interview was published in every single media outlet.

Utterly howling at you demanding he tells us what the plan is.

Do you think the players we have arent good enough to beat Sheff Utd at home?

This isn’t how Football works.

You’re looking for a scapegoat and it’s convenient to blame only Marco. Because if a new manager comes in, you can reset and it’s the quickest way to inject some optimism back in. But realistically, he’s not wholly responsible for this mess.

Silva is a problem, I agree. But he’s not even the biggest problem we have.

Just let them vent mate, they have big massive Brands agendas to push.

It all boils down to their expectation that we would fix the whole squad in 12months.

Imagine trying to convince anybody that the players we have arent good enough to beat Sheff Utd at home.
I'm not going to sit here and say we have the greatest squad ever but it's strange to see people thinking literally every player is terrible especially when everyone agrees that the tactics Silva is using are TERRIBLE. Maybe it is both, but it could just be one.

Jury’s out at the moment. He failed miserably to recruit a CB in the summer.

All is clearly not well on the pitch. Whether that’s down to Silva or fitness coaching or player unrest, he’s the man paid to know & to put it right.

He’s under the microscope.

Jury’s out at the moment. He failed miserably to recruit a CB in the summer.

All is clearly not well on the pitch. Whether that’s down to Silva or fitness coaching or player unrest, he’s the man paid to know & to put it right.

He’s under the microscope.
Everyone keeps saying this and yet we haven't had this be a problem at all so far and we still have 7 points from 6. I mean it could be a problem but right now we are not playing poorly because Brands couldn't find a suitable third CB.

I'm not going to sit here and say we have the greatest squad ever but it's strange to see people thinking literally every player is terrible especially when everyone agrees that the tactics Silva is using are TERRIBLE. Maybe it is both, but it could just be one.

The squad is fine.

As ive said countless times its not perfect, but we had full Internationals out there today playing like League Two players.

Same failing tactics week after week, same lack of passion from the players, theres only 1 man whos job it is to change the tactics and motivate the players.

I find it laughable that Brands is being blamed for this.

If we didnt have the quality to beat City or even Liverpool, sure, blame the DoF, but blaming him for failing to beat Sheff Utd at home, nar, no bruv.

True, these guys arent bad but are hardly fantastic players being held back by a poor coach.
At the same time they aren't bottom half players either. We can admit our squad isn't quite to the top 6 yet and still say that progress has been made under Brands (it objectively has, Digne and Richarlison are our best players) and that the manager is poor. All these things can be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.