Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either that or considered to be good enough by Marco to return and challenge Seamus.

...can’t see it, Fred. I can see a RB being on the shopping list. Whoever comes in will leapfrog the others in the pecking order. The club will hope Kenny does well so they can demand a higher transfer fee. Also, if Kenny does well, I can’t see him wanting to come back.

...as I said, i’d be delighted if these lads come through at Everton but it’s Silva/Brands opinion that counts, and if these players were highly rated then the manager would want access to them. Also, history suggests Academy players sent on loan have a very poor conversion rate of having a career with us.

I can think of only Barkley and Osman who went on loan and then played 50 first team games, and both of those had significant injuries at key stages in their careers.

I’m just saying the signs aren’t good that Kenny or any of the other loanees will have a future with us.
Every player is different though Eggs, in ability and temperament, Jonjoe is a winner, hates to lose and shows it, loves it at Everton, or he did, travel broadens the mind, being in Germany and playing regular first team football may give him a different perspective on life, especially football. I hope he continues to be the Evertonian he was and comes back with that attitude of wanting to win trophies with the Blues. Oh and Eggs, I do realise you want the young lads at Everton to do well and you are just giving your opinion on how things will pan out for them.

Every player is different though Eggs, in ability and temperament, Jonjoe is a winner, hates to lose and shows it, loves it at Everton, or he did, travel broadens the mind, being in Germany and playing regular first team football may give him a different perspective on life, especially football. I hope he continues to be the Evertonian he was and comes back with that attitude of wanting to win trophies with the Blues. Oh and Eggs, I do realise you want the young lads at Everton to do well and you are just giving your opinion on how things will pan out for them.

....I tend not to get too romantic about these lads being Evertonians. They might have a permanent affection for the club, but they are professionals and will do what’s best for them. It’s an occupation with huge financial rewards, but it’s also cut throat.

....I tend not to get too romantic about these lads being Evertonians. They might have a permanent affection for the club, but they are professionals and will do what’s best for them. It’s an occupation with huge financial rewards, but it’s also cut throat.
That’s a fair assessment, but you get genuine Evertonians who play for The Blues and continue to be big Blues fans whether they stay or go, like Labone Hickson, Harvey, Lyons, Tommy Wright and quite a few more including three ex managers in Cliff Britton, Harry Catterick and Joe Royle.

That’s a fair assessment, but you get genuine Evertonians who play for The Blues and continue to be big Blues fans whether they stay or go, like Labone Hickson, Harvey, Lyons, Tommy Wright and quite a few more including three ex managers in Cliff Britton, Harry Catterick and Joe Royle.

...a totally different era, Cameron. In those days power was with clubs. They were told to sign new contracts or they were told they were leaving. I’m not saying loyalty has gone out of the window, but times have changed and power is largely with players.

Having watched the u/23 match I think Benni needs to move or get a loan deal sorted, he is above that level now but not quite ready for the 1st team squad.I think it he stays it won't be in his best interests.Also I really like the look of Anthony Gordon.

Why would be not want to come back, unless he was told absolutely that he was not going to be first choice or get any opportunities?
Well nobody at Everton of course will guarantee him a place, and I imagine Brands will say something similar to what he did with Delph, “ this is how we see you playing , this is the competition you have” . If he continues to do well at Schalke and they make us an offer that we accept they can say to him “ We played you last season, we want you , we're prepared to pay for you , so we’ll continue to play you if you remain in this form” , as good a guaranteed place as he’s likely to get. A three year contract takes him to 25, Wagner has hinted he would like him to remain, Kenny while thanking Brands has praised Wagner for having faith in him. Having typed that I’m now thinking “ Why would he want to come back?!!”
Always fun to speculate as we don’t really know yet what will happen, but what really pleases me is that he’s doing so well , making a name for himself and featuring highly in all kinds of stats like crosses made, kilometres covered, well done Jonjoe!

I think Kenny will come back and be a success at Everton, I think this loan is the final stage of his apprenticeship.

I believe he is one of the very few players on loan that could come back and do well. He had already shown that he could play Premiership football and a season in the German league will hopefully improve his game further and round off some of the rough edges in his game.

Kenny lacks a bit of pace doesn’t he?

He might end up staying in Germany like Lookman.

Who could blame him either... we are total garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.