• Gary Neville

Votes: 25 7.5%
  • Neville Neville

Votes: 113 34.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the players for what exactly?

The squad has some good players. The odd very good player.

But so do 8/9 teams in this league. Similar to the vast majority of those teams our squad has holes in it.

7 points from 5 games isn’t good enough but you are deluding yourself if you think changing manager is all it takes to get this squad pushing on massively.

Any manager (Silva or a new one) will need significant time tI get this squad into Top 6 ready material

Look again, I said it is down to the manager did not voice sacking Silva. Do you not think Silva has had sufficient time in the job?

I’m not sure it’s his 5th game in charge so nothing is knee jerk, he doesn’t seem to have the ruthless streak to bench DCL and play Kean, if he burns out by Dec make Brands get another one.
Playing Siggy when he isn’t performing is also weak.
We’ll probably stay with him for a mid table finish again but he’s not a top 6 manager, never will be in a year, 3 years or 10 years.
Another season wasted when those above us are relatively poor

I am too. But that was 3 individual errors (DCL; Delph; Mina) in a game we looked in control of until the 67th minute.
I'm not even so sure Mina was totally at fault for the 3rd.
Once he stepped forward for that header his side kick should have been dropping in to cover.
First 2 were a shambles like.

Southgate after the Euros please.
tenor.gif

No mate he had to make that header , and his back should have been covered.
It left Keane with two to deal with. It's clear what happened: Mina makes a defensive header against Wilson the goalscorer, but he does that and fails to get back goal-side of him; the flick on forward then leaves Keane one on two with Wilson and the other Bournemouth player he's marking.

It left Keane with two to deal with. It's clear what happened: Mina makes a defensive header against Wilson the goalscorer, but he does that and fails to get back goal-side of him; the flick on forward then leaves Keane one on two with Wilson and the other Bournemouth player he's marking.
Just watched it again Dave , Keane starts to cover then stops , Wilson has the run on him ....game over.
Coleman should have been dealing with the winger too.
Bad defending all round.

Just watched it again Dave , Keane starts to cover then stops , Wilson has the run on him ....game over.
Coleman should have been dealing with the winger too.
Bad defending all round.
Coleman defo should have been over there, yeah.

We'll have to disagree on Mina. IMO he dawdles and ball watches instead of busting a gut to get back in his position between Wilson and goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.