Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to a 91st birthday party for great guy who died last year,so I'll have to record it . Absolutely no chance I can avoid knowing the score before I watch it on Sunday night....a party full of RS with a smattering of Blues. How people can advocate Davies over Siggy I can't understand. Siggy does more off the ball than most footballers. If there was a statistic for playing without the ball he'd be top by a mile.

I'm going to a 91st birthday party for great guy who died last year,so I'll have to record it . Absolutely no chance I can avoid knowing the score before I watch it on Sunday night....a party full of RS with a smattering of Blues. How people can advocate Davies over Siggy I can't understand. Siggy does more off the ball than most footballers. If there was a statistic for playing without the ball he'd be top by a mile.

My daughter has her dance show on. I'll be watching the game.

(I'll make it up with present and cinema)

Ross Barkley scoring Everton's first goal v AFC Bournemouth - FA Cup fifth round tie played at the Vitality Stadium on 20th February 2016.

Cup games are always more important, unless your fighting to stay up, but I'd say this league game is a big one as its one we really should be winning if we are serious about 4th, and the state of the sides outside the top 3, we should be.
I agree with all that mate. But it still doesn't make it a must win game. We could play very well but lose/draw this match, then go on to win 5 of our next 6 league games. And it isn't that unthinkable when you look at the fixture list.

I don't think we will win, lose or draw this one. I've a feeling we are going to do something unpresidented and get a 4th type of result breaking the laws of physics and immediately the entire scope of all existence will end. Everton that.
And we'll still finish 8th

Sorry I don't agree I think he is a better player than you give him credit for.
The 1 game in 10 comment in obviously incorrect but I agree with the overall point being made by the poster. There is no doubting Sigurdsson's quality, but he is inconsistent. And the problem we have with that, very similar to the way it used to be with Barkley, is that he is our principal creative source so in games he goes missing we create very little.

Since he's been here he's always been a slow starter to the campaign, so I'm not overly concerned at the moment. He showed good signs against Wolves of getting back up to speed. I think in games where we expect to dominate possession, which I think will be the majority this season, then he should start. We have players in midfield who can find him in space and players in front making runs, so there's no reason why he can't have a good season. It's games when we won't see much of the ball I believe he should be benched. We're playing City in a couple of weeks and I'd like to see us play more of a 433, with Iwobi in the 3 ahead of Gomes and Delph, as I think he would give us a better platform to break from and add some pace to our midfield.

I'd start with Gylfi tomorrow though. I don't believe we will dominate the game but I expect to have more than our fair share of possession.

Sky Sports pre game hype on Soccer Saturday. The top six (since we are in it) now being referred to by Stelling as the 'so called big six'. Yes they skipped mentioning the side currently sixth in the table.

He became our highest prem scorer with his eyes closed didn't he, imagine if he actually fell for the club and wanted to stay.

He became our highest prem scorer with his eyes closed didn't he, imagine if he actually fell for the club and wanted to stay.

Had the club stepped up and produced something of an achievement he would have.

Cant blame him for going, whoever told him to bulk up even more should be fired. The difference in that Lukaku in the video and the one who left for United. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.