2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to be able to play tinpot sides like these and expect to get a positive result. The fact alot of us wouldn't be shocked with a defeat tells you all you need to know about our away form its God awful.
Bit harsh to say tinpot sides. Many are now paying 20 mill + for players, have built sides with little turnover so have continuity and know how to 'survive' premiership. That and they mostly don't have the risk of injured / knackered players returning from internationals. Yes, I agree we need to improve away form but be easy, I'm confident we will get better as the new players settle in.

I heard today that Silva had a bit of a to-do in the tunnel at half time v Lincoln.
He confronted the ref, gave hime loads. Then Cowley came over and he gave him loads too.

Gone up in my thinking.

Was thinking earlier - if we slip up tomorrow its absolutely devastating for this club/Silva - two chances to go 1st and 3rd, both away games, one we lost to Villa - we need to make this one count tomorrow.

If the lads are not smashing it tomorrow big big question marks over the mentality and future of the side for me.

Some will say "ah FB92 you're overreacting" but its not when you consider:

1. Our away form

2. Silva's end to Hull when they fell at the final hurdle as soon as any pressure of possible survival came about

3. Our slip up at Fulham last season when 7th was in our grasp

4. Our recent history of being labelled bottlers

We simply have to start showing we can move on from the above and really make a push to achieve something when an opportunity arises.

Was thinking earlier - if we slip up tomorrow its absolutely devastating for this club/Silva - two chances to go 1st and 3rd, both away games, one we lost to Villa - we need to make this one count tomorrow.

If the lads are not smashing it tomorrow big big question marks over the mentality and future of the side for me.

1. Our away form

2. Silva's end to Hull when they fell at the final hurdle as soon as any pressure of possible survival came about

We simply have to start showing we can move on from the above and really make a push to achieve something when an opportunity arises.

Our away form has been an issue for about 5 years lad. How about we give a manager time and a chance to change it, which, by the way, he’s already been gradually doing

1. Our away form

No.

Our away form has been an issue for about 5 years lad. How about we give a manager time and a chance to change it, which, by the way, he’s already been gradually doing

I agree and as I said I said the club as a whole - what I would say is the past 5 years we've had bog standard managers which probably explains our poor away form.

However the players themselves need to shake off this defeatist mentality that runs through the club and that has to start tomorrow as we are good enough to get the win there.

I agree and as I said I said the club as a whole - what I would say is the past 5 years we've had bog standard managers which probably explains our poor away form.

However the players themselves need to shake off this defeatist mentality that runs through the club and that has to start tomorrow as we are good enough to get the win there.

We've had away issues long before Silva. I don't expect a win tomorrow but I don't think it's make or break in any way.

I am convinced that if you post 100 more variations on the same bloody point between now and kick off that we will win

1. Our away form

Status
Not open for further replies.