2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing to think people were creaming over Espírito Santo last season. The football they played today was absolutely prehistoric. Midfielders like neves, moutinho etc available and they completely bypass them to launch it forward and foul constantly. Allardyce with a fancy name and a better way of disguising of his bungs. Silva has absolutely outclassed this bearded joker twice in three meetings, and yet some of you think he’s a better bet. Shameful.

Concedes too many.
Any average manager would get the results he does with the players he has at his disposal.

Not saying his a bad manager, but he isn't a great manager either.

Missing a trick not going in for mourinho here, yes his style is boring but it gets you to finals and he wins trophies.

Can’t deny Mourinho’s past successes, but no guarantee he would replicate it with us and football has evolved quicker than his coaching methods seem to have done. I was not sure about the Silva appointment at first, but players seem to speak very highly of him and I think we have one his heart. Whereas he has been a bit of journeyman, I think the longer he sticks with us and us with him the more he will improve as a manager. We will be able to judge him better after another couple of transfer windows when he has the 18 players he wants for his system.

Made the subs too late today. Was clear for that iwobi was spent for ten-fifteen before.

Thought we looked comfortable apart from the throws and occasional long ball. Hope other teams don't target it.

Good result overall though

If we are comfortable in a game then I can understand not making subs. Iwobi was working hard down the flanks to stop their full backs from creating chances. I can see why Bernard’s lack of pace might have made Silva think twice about not changing anything until Iwobi tired towards the end.

'Character' is one of those football buzzwords that gets thrown around a lot, but the performance today and earlier in the week definitely showed character.

I wasn't happy with the even later than usual subs. Feel like if that same change were made 5 minutes earlier I doubt we would have conceded the second. Quality from Digne and Richarlison spared this place being toxic for the next 2 weeks in the event we had lost the lead twice and drawn.

Can’t deny Mourinho’s past successes, but no guarantee he would replicate it with us and football has evolved quicker than his coaching methods seem to have done. I was not sure about the Silva appointment at first, but players seem to speak very highly of him and I think we have one his heart. Whereas he has been a bit of journeyman, I think the longer he sticks with us and us with him the more he will improve as a manager. We will be able to judge him better after another couple of transfer windows when he has the 18 players he wants for his system.
Mourinho s last job at united
Won League cup, Europa league and the community shield.
FA cup runners up and finished 6th and second
All that in 2 and half seasons.

Under Silva 7th and a good cup run is seen as a good season. That's how far standards have dropped

Incredible harvrey. Mourinho has more mangerial talent in a single finger nail than Silva will ever have.

If you want to get into the top4 or top6 you buy top4 or top 6 players. We have a team full of top 7/8/9th players.

If you want to win trophies as well you get a top class manager with a record of success and winning trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.