Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That winning goal wasn't sexy but it was a sublime finish and technique from Richarlison, when we needed it most, on its own that gets him MOTM for me but his overall play was good and will get better.

We showed great tenacity and intensity after the blow of their 2nd goal so that is something very encouraging. Gomes was particularly good in that aspect and fought for the ball, kept possession when I thought he was going to lose it. Delph very controlled and tidy.

OveralI I've barely seen a more patchy game of football, our ball retention for the majority of the second half was very poor and we looked hurried and a bit headless at times, but early days and an excellent win against a very dogged side.

His attempt at goal at the end simplifies why he should be nowhere near our first team DCL. Well that and his scoring record.
I’m going out on a limb here, but I like him and rate him. I know with his age, more is expected, but really he’s still young, CF’s can keep going. If he continues to improve his finishing and link up play, he can be an asset. I hope I’m not proved wrong and he ends up at Tranmere or something. Come on DCL lad, number 9 carries a big responsibility and I hope to god he rises to the occasion.

Just heading back to wolves now , great game for the neutral , and will take what ever gloating comments on the chin that come my way . Thought Everton played well offensively , but we didn’t help our selves gifting you the first goal which is unlike our captain coady . We played very open which is very uncharacteristic of us , but new from starting both vinagre and traore we would be suspect in defence . Congratulations on the win , and look forward to seeing you at the Molineux for a bit of revenge . ;)

You were proper crap there.

Boss long throw ins though

Safe journey home to your lot ;)

Just heading back to wolves now , great game for the neutral , and will take what ever gloating comments on the chin that come my way . Thought Everton played well offensively , but we didn’t help our selves gifting you the first goal which is unlike our captain coady . We played very open which is very uncharacteristic of us , but new from starting both vinagre and traore we would be suspect in defence . Congratulations on the win , and look forward to seeing you at the Molineux for a bit of revenge . ;)
hearing that you lot are after rory delap , as hes a free agent since being binned off by stoke 4 years ago..

hes kept his guns fit though and can still chuck a mean 40 yard throw in to the box, which suits nuno's style of play

YARD DOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.