Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The starting line-up today is the one (bar injuries) that should be persevered with...
I’d be surprised if it isn’t our regular line up, Kean battled well Iwobi looked good earlier on but faded later on. Bernard imo is better from the bench so I’m sure Iwobi will keep his place.

Good win in the end.

...and an important win given we’re not fully up to speed.

Pickford produced what I want him to produce, a mature and settled performance, delighted with Mina who looks a leader who isn’t afraid of the challenge. Delph terrific, but tired as the game went on. Iwobi looked a threat, delighted he scored in the 6 yard box.

Richarlison my MoM. Folk have been unnecessarily worried about him on here. He’s not fancy, but he’s just so effective. I can’t emphasise how good that 2nd goal was; positioning, desire, the timing of the leap to get above Boly and then the presence to direct a header in the corner. It’s everything DCL should be doing from an aerial perspective.

Not complaining about winning this one, but why can't we have a boringly efficient 2-0?
We're a very good home team, but a fairly poor away team. The next step in our development is to be a tougher proposition away from Goodison.

Richarlisons header

Status
Not open for further replies.