Homepage Article Marco Silva “We dominated the game”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands must be going mad, all the great work he has done in the summer and the manger dosent play ball
I dont think he is, because I'm sure he recognises that players take time to bed in and get used to the league. Neither Iwobi or Kean had played in a friendly for us. If DCL wasnt so rubbish I dont think we would've seen Kean starting consistent games until maybe October.

I dont think he is, because I'm sure he recognises that players take time to bed in and get used to the league. Neither Iwobi or Kean had played in a friendly for us. If DCL wasnt so rubbish I dont think we would've seen Kean starting consistent games until maybe October.
I see what you mean, but the Villa game was lost by the half time whistle, too not change it then and give them a chance was criminal

I see what you mean, but the Villa game was lost by the half time whistle, too not change it then and give them a chance was criminal
The game was lost by the players inability to finish chances. If Dom finishes that chance, we would've been all over them going into halftime and been favourite for the game. Villa only got the second because we were pushing for an equaliser. Quality of finishing separated us.

The game was lost by the players inability to finish chances. If Dom finishes that chance, we would've been all over them going into halftime and been favourite for the game. Villa only got the second because we were pushing for an equaliser. Quality of finishing separated us.

The game was lost because Silva decided not to make any change after the crap display in the first half.

Yeah we did have chances for sure, but even so, just look at Watford, Kean did more in the last 10 minutes and his reward, the bench. Its poor man management.

The game was lost because Silva decided not to make any change after the crap display in the first half.
He made the changes at the 60th minute and we had 2 clear cut chances after that, neither where scored. It's the players fault in the end, I do agree the changes should've been done earlier but again, he cant teach Walcott (who is 15 years into a professional football career) to not lean back when shooting.

We had more possession,more chances against a very poor team, as some have pointed out Silva should have made changes at half time, he had plenty of choices who to take off, four or five players were absolutely putrid, then Villa sat back in the second half and gave us the whole pitch to play in,it wasn’t ‘til he made those subs that we started looking like we could score.

Its easing a kid into a new environment. He needs to be given time to play at his best. Guarantee 3 games without a goal and the knives would be out with some people.

That is a cert just like it is a cert that the manager should be sacked because of a loss to a non top 6 side. It is bordering ridiculous

We had more possession,more chances against a very poor team, as some have pointed out Silva should have made changes at half time, he had plenty of choices who to take off, four or five players were absolutely putrid, then Villa sat back in the second half and gave us the whole pitch to play in,it wasn’t ‘til he made those subs that we started looking like we could score.

It is not unusual for managers to send out the players with a rocket up there bum hoping for a positive reaction. It didn't work on this occasion but has been known to work many a time. The manager has to make decisions that haven't got the benefit of hindsight. Some decisions work and some don't and no manager can hold there hand up and say they make 100% correct decisions

It is not unusual for managers to send out the players with a rocket up there bum hoping for a positive reaction. It didn't work on this occasion but has been known to work many a time. The manager has to make decisions that haven't got the benefit of hindsight. Some decisions work and some don't and no manager can hold there hand up and say they make 100% correct decisions
Sometimes, but Sigurdson and Richarlison haven’tplayed well since the season started and Gomes was having a stinker and didn’t look fit..

Is the reason these threads pop up because of the run of 5 wins in 19 games last season, 5 wins in one half of a league season. We just dont have faith in him as we should because that appalling run of results from last season and the fact it could happen again on his watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.